ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Naturalisation a day early?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Apply for Naturalisation a day early?

Post by littlemaiden » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:13 pm

My BRP and ILR approval letter are both dated 6th November 2014.
I have booked NCS appointment for 5th November 2015 which means they will send it Next Day Delivery and it will arrive at HO on 6th November. Is this one day too early? Worth risking?
I (mis)calculated my 12 months to end on 5th November 2015 but now I'm not so sure.
I will lose the appointment fee & have to pay a new fee if I amend the date again (already amended before for a different reason).
Please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply for Naturalisation a day early?

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Date of application is the date that HO receives NOT the date of NCS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Post by littlemaiden » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Yes CR001, but NCS have stated on their website that they will send application by Next Day delivery which means my date of application will be 6th November 2015.
This is what I am confused about. Given my ILR is 6th November 2014, should I be applying ON 6th November 2015 or AFTER 6th November 2015?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 pm

littlemaiden wrote:Yes CR001, but NCS have stated on their website that they will send application by Next Day delivery which means my date of application will be 6th November 2015.
This is what I am confused about. Given my ILR is 6th November 2014, should I be applying ON 6th November 2015 or AFTER 6th November 2015?
If HO receive your application on 6th November, then your 12 months of ILR is fine as the date of application is then the 6th November. I don't think my previous post was confusing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:44 pm

I can ask NCS person to send it on 6th Nov or 7th Nov .. They don't mind.. In my case they did it

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:Date of application is the date that HO receives NOT the date of NCS appointment.
Not any more it isn't. Page 18 of the Guide AN (October 2015):
The date of application will be the date your form is received by the Home Office, Nationality Checking Service or the local British government representative as shown above. It is not the date on which you send it.
The inclusion of NCS is new in the October guide compared to the July guide. The guide was added to the gov website on 28 October.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks, yes I have seen the updated guide. Please don't post this in all the threads you find, the mods will update the relevant sticky topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:47 pm

CR001 wrote:Thanks, yes I have seen the updated guide. Please don't post this in all the threads you find, the mods will update the relevant sticky topic.
I had no intention on doing so. I only posted it in 2 current threads where bringing the OPs attention to this information seemed useful, especially as previous input from others is now out of date.