ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zsk_747
Ireland

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:17 pm

My Timeline is given below:

Documents Sent : 06/07/2015
Documents Received: 08/07/2015
Acknowledgement Letter : 24/07/2015
Second Stage Letter: 10/09/2015
Approval Letter: Pending

Hi Kingdom man hope me,you and rest of the others guys will get their approvals soon. According to my timeline, I do not know that can i make for 14th of December 2015. Emailed them today and they said your application did not submit to minister yet..........What you think Kingdom man about my application.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:33 pm

zsk_747 wrote:My Timeline is given below:

Documents Sent : 06/07/2015
Documents Received: 08/07/2015
Acknowledgement Letter : 24/07/2015
Second Stage Letter: 10/09/2015
Approval Letter: Pending

Hi Kingdom man hope me,you and rest of the others guys will get their approvals soon. According to my timeline, I do not know that can i make for 14th of December 2015. Emailed them today and they said your application did not submit to minister yet..........What you think Kingdom man about my application.
On what basis did you apply? Marriage or 5yr residency or Association? If your application is based on marriage or 5yr residency and since it's not been submitted to the minister as of now then hopefully and in my own opinion, you may get your application approved in January 2016. :)

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:42 pm

I applied on behalf of Retention of residency rights and might they will submit to minister in coming weeks because still 6 weeks left for ceremony 2015.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:49 pm

zsk_747 wrote:I applied on behalf of Retention of residency rights and might they will submit to minister in coming weeks because still 6 weeks left for ceremony 2015.
Anyway keep hope alive. But in my own estimation, it's too close now to the ceremony to get your file submitted to the minister for approval and to be included in the December ceremony. You look good for an approval soon and to be in the next ceremony for Jan/Feb 2016. :wink:

spidyuk
Newly Registered

Post by spidyuk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:00 pm

any idea when are the ceremonies in Liverpool? Can I request for private ceremony?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:11 pm

spidyuk wrote:any idea when are the ceremonies in Liverpool? Can I request for private ceremony?
Hey you over-speeding spidyuk! You must have missed your turning and strayed here... pls reset your SatNav and get back on the right track as you're now across the borders and in the Republic and have left Queensland! Bon Voyage mate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow: :arrow:

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks for reply KingdoMan...........But I have a little question last week I have sent them some documents related to my current activity (Studying Full-time) without asking them and they sent me a acknowledgement letter regarding about received documents and that letter issued by further processing team..........Because in 1st and 2nd stage letters belongs to initial processing team so what does further processing team meaning....... advanced stage?????

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Just a quick question guys, Is it any delay if you apply citizenship application through a solicitor, It seems people who apply directly got approval as i applied since 18 May 15, No approval as my application is through solictor, Please comment on this, Thanks.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:05 am

zsk_747 wrote:Thanks for reply KingdoMan...........But I have a little question last week I have sent them some documents related to my current activity (Studying Full-time) without asking them and they sent me a acknowledgement letter regarding about received documents and that letter issued by further processing team..........Because in 1st and 2nd stage letters belongs to initial processing team so what does further processing team meaning....... advanced stage?????
Further processing team prepares a submission on an application file and makes a recommendation on your case to the minister for an approval. You're on track as your application 'continues to be processed' and you need not to worry as you'll get your approval any moment soon.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:15 am

dublin1924 wrote:Just a quick question guys, Is it any delay if you apply citizenship application through a solicitor, It seems people who apply directly got approval as i applied since 18 May 15, No approval as my application is through solictor, Please comment on this, Thanks.
The trend here shows that applications made through solicitors to the INIS make slower progress than when you apply on your own directly. But in the end you still get your approval if qualified for it. If you don't have any complex issues in the state, then it's not advisable to apply through a solicitor as that could raise a red flag and hamper a speedy process of your file.

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:47 am

Thanks KingdomMan.............Hopefully I will get the approval soon for 14 Dec, 2015. KingdomMan as usual you are SOLICITOR for me. I have one question regarding about Renew the visa on behalf of Residency rights.
1) I have applied for renew my temporary visa 3 weeks ago but still no reply from inis and my current visa will be expire on 7th, Dec 2015.
2) Can citizenship department issue me an approval, if my visa not renewed on time.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:36 am

zsk_747 wrote:Thanks KingdomMan.............Hopefully I will get the approval soon for 14 Dec, 2015. KingdomMan as usual you are SOLICITOR for me. I have one question regarding about Renew the visa on behalf of Residency rights.
1) I have applied for renew my temporary visa 3 weeks ago but still no reply from inis and my current visa will be expire on 7th, Dec 2015.
2) Can citizenship department issue me an approval, if my visa not renewed on time.
1) You still have enough time to have your visa renewed by the relevant dept of the INIS, so stay calm.
2) You MUST have your residency renewed with the relevant dept and well updated all the time you reside in the state. Any gap in your residency may affect your citizenship approval so make sure you renew on time and also (if needs be) update the citizenship dept of your updated status in the state to help facilitate your approval.

lthy
Newly Registered

Post by lthy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:54 am

KingdomMan wrote:@ Ithy 1st and important question is, does India allow dual citizenship? If no then I doubt Indian authorities will be happy with this? I wouldnt take this risk!
Thanks Gracious. No for India we don't have dual citizenship.[/quote]

Then i certainly wouldnt take this risk! if you decide to go ahead with your trip and have a different experience, then please do update this forum!![/quote]

There's no need to create a panicky situation. He's only traveling to India as an Indian citizen and not as an Irish citizen and he'll only return to Irish borders as a new Irish citizen. He's free and safe to travel to India with his Indian passport and then can return here to Ireland on same Indian passport and can then present his Naturalization certificate to the officials at the borders for unhindered entry back to his country of Ireland! 8)[/quote]

Thanks Kingdomman. I have checked on British boards and found that it is possible to travel on Indian ppt after getting Irish naturalized for a period of 3 months.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 14367.html

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:04 am

KingdomMan wrote:
zsk_747 wrote:Thanks KingdomMan.............Hopefully I will get the approval soon for 14 Dec, 2015. KingdomMan as usual you are SOLICITOR for me. I have one question regarding about Renew the visa on behalf of Residency rights.
1) You still have enough time to have your visa renewed by the relevant dept of the INIS, so stay calm.
2) You MUST have your residency renewed with the relevant dept and well updated all the time you reside in the state. Any gap in your residency may affect your citizenship approval so make sure you renew on time and also (if needs be) update the citizenship dept of your updated status in the state to help facilitate your approval.
I have applied already 3 weeks ago for renew my visa but still waiting for temporary letter from INIS along with my original documents...........How long will they take to make a temporary decision, any idea??

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:33 am

zsk_747 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
I have applied already 3 weeks ago for renew my visa but still waiting for temporary letter from INIS along with my original documents...........How long will they take to make a temporary decision, any idea??
You will get a response conveying a decision for your renewal and your original documents from the INIS soon I am certain. Everything as per this is still within time. You sure will get your stay renewed before the expiration. Please note that I am not acting as a qualified solicitor here as I am not qualified to do so. All I do here is based on my experience and personal opinion and I may not give a correct or accurate suggestion all of the time. Happy weekend :)

Belfastman
Newly Registered

Post by Belfastman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:23 pm

GOT APROVAL LETTER TODAY
My time line as follow:
Applied: 19/11/2014, (Irish spouse, 5 years residency)
Acknowledgement: 05/12/2014
Additional docs 29/01/2015
Second stage: 20/02/2015
Acknowledement 26/03/2015
Additional docs 17/08/2015
Acknowledgement 25/08/2015
Approval: 22/10/2015
Reason take this long i had a driving offence

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:46 pm

Belfastman wrote:GOT APROVAL LETTER TODAY
My time line as follow:
Applied: 19/11/2014, (Irish spouse, 5 years residency)
Acknowledgement: 05/12/2014
Additional docs 29/01/2015
Second stage: 20/02/2015
Acknowledement 26/03/2015
Additional docs 17/08/2015
Acknowledgement 25/08/2015
Approval: 22/10/2015
Reason take this long i had a driving offence
At last, you got it! CONGRATS MATE!! :D

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi kingdomman
Your here in this forum helping people and its amazing how u can give people's hopes but I just rembered u about mycase.
application:5years residency
I applied on 26/03/2014
Approval pending until now ???
I wast told that file is on final stage so do u have any idea when will I expect a decision plz I just want to have an advise
thanks

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:30 am

celiakara wrote:Hi kingdomman
Your here in this forum helping people and its amazing how u can give people's hopes but I just rembered u about mycase.
application:5years residency
I applied on 26/03/2014
Approval pending until now ???
I wast told that file is on final stage so do u have any idea when will I expect a decision plz I just want to have an advise
thanks
It's quite unusual that the citizenship dept of INIS will delay approval for an applicant who's a dedicated carer to a child who's with special needs. Normally they give special preference to carers (families with exceptional circumstances) by giving approval within a limited time but in your case I am suspecting that it could be you're being punished for traveling outside the state for over 6 weeks or something else not known to us here. However, you having to wait since 26/03/2014 for your approval is a very long wait but since you've been told your file is at the final stage which is the approval stage, I'll advise you to keep calm and expect a letter conveying your approval anytime from now. Do not despair but keep positive as your long wait is almost over hopefully.

spanner
Newly Registered

Post by spanner » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 am

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the replies.

One last question, if we submit payment for my wife this week with GNIB card, is it possible for her to still travel without the GNIB card? She is travelling to Canada. Looking around at the forums here, the guidance is that she can travel as long as she has the letter that INIS sent her about payment and surrendering her GNIB card.

Thanks for all your help,
spanner

great_Ireland
Newly Registered

Post by great_Ireland » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:52 am

Hi guys
I am new to this forum and I am really amazed with how helpful are people over here.

My application timeline:
Applied based on 5 years residence in Ireland (full employment- Stamp-1 switched to Stamp-4 after application to citizenship)
12th June 2015: Applied
22nd June 2015: Acknowledgement
14th August: Letter asking for a copy of my new GNIB stamp-4
17th August: GNIB copy sent
20th August: Acknowledge receipt of GNIB copy
14th September: Second letter
Citizenship approval: pending

I would like someone to help me read between the lines of a reply to a query that I have sent earlier today to the immigration office (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie):

My email to them was:

Dear sir/madam

My name is xxxxxxxxxxx
My address is: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My citizenship application reference number is : xxxxxxxxxxx
My Person ID no. xxxxxxxx

I would be very grateful if you could provide me with an update about the
status of my application.
Any decision from the Minister yet?

Thank you

Kind regards

They replied immediately as follows:

Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division
----------------------------------------
It is all vague & I could not understand whats going on exactly!!

Could anyone help with this? Do you know anyone with a similar timeline and a similar reply from immigration? What does it mean?
I hope I could catch up with the December's ceremony.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Kind regards

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:16 am

great_Ireland wrote:Hi guys
I am new to this forum and I am really amazed with how helpful are people over here.

My application timeline:
Applied based on 5 years residence in Ireland (full employment- Stamp-1 switched to Stamp-4 after application to citizenship)

I would like someone to help me read between the lines of a reply to a query that I have sent earlier today to the immigration office (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie):

My email to them was:

Dear sir/madam

My name is xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you

Kind regards

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Could anyone help with this? Do you know anyone with a similar timeline and a similar reply from immigration? What does it mean?

Kind regards
You have a fantastic response here from the INIS. It's self explanatory enough and it indicates that your approval is in the offing and very soon you'll be getting your approval letter in the post. Most likely in days to come you should receive the good news in the post. Good luck!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:28 am

spanner wrote:Hi folks,

Thanks for all the replies.

One last question, if we submit payment for my wife this week with GNIB card, is it possible for her to still travel without the GNIB card? She is travelling to Canada. Looking around at the forums here, the guidance is that she can travel as long as she has the letter that INIS sent her about payment and surrendering her GNIB card.

Thanks for all your help,
spanner
Of course YES! It's possible she can travel to canada or anywhere else. Ensure you have your re-entry visa and Just have handy your copy of letter of approval and maybe a copy of GNIB card. Your status is already upgraded on the immigration system so they know you're a citizen in waiting. Have a safe trip and hoping you return on time for your 14th December citizenship ceremony!

saj85
Newly Registered

Post by saj85 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:57 am

hi
i want to apply for citizenship on basis of 5 years stay,married to an eu national,only problem is there is a gap in between my currents stamp and my last visa when it expired,There is a gap of more than a year.Just wondering if i can apply for naturalisation or should i wait longer before submitting my application

Please advise
Thanks

great_Ireland
Newly Registered

Post by great_Ireland » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:46 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
great_Ireland wrote:Hi guys

My application timeline:

My email to them was:

Dear sir/madam

My name is xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you

Kind regards

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Kind regards
You have a fantastic response here from the INIS. It's self explanatory enough and it indicates that your approval is in the offing and very soon you'll be getting your approval letter in the post. Most likely in days to come you should receive the good news in the post. Good luck!
Thanks KingdoMman for your reply.
I hope that it happens soon. All my plans are built around receiving my citizenship in December

Thanks again