ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling son with Tier 1 and parents with ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

easy

Travelling son with Tier 1 and parents with ILR

Post by easy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi All,

My son was born in UK and we had obtained tier 1 for him as we need to travel overseas in emergency last year, at that time we (as parents) did not have ILR (were on tier 1)

We have now planned to travel abroad again and we (as parents and daughter) are travelling with ILR and my son with Tier 1 which is valid till 1 Jan 2017.

We will be fine to travel outside however I am not sure about circumstances while entering into UK. Please could you advise whether my son will be allowed to enter UK with tier 1.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling son with Tier 1 and parents with ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:24 pm

If you/your partner obtained ILR based on Tier 1 and 5 years residence, the child is fine to travel on his existing visa as long as he returns to the UK before his visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

easy

Post by easy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:23 pm

Thanks CR001, much appreciated.

a) As you mentioned about 5 years residence, my wife and daughter had ILRs based on 2 years rule based on main applicant - myself had ILR with 5 years residence

b) My son had tier 1 visa obtained from home country instead of UK.

Please could you also advised if above things does matter for my son to enter in UK.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Your son should be fine to travel as long as his visa is valid.

My comment about 5/2 years is still relevant. I was aiming to confirm that you had not applied based on 10 years long residency, which you have not, so no need to worry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

easy

Post by easy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:13 pm

many thanks CR001