ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband charged after applying Ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anushree996
Newly Registered

Husband charged after applying Ilr

Post by Anushree996 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Dear Moderators

Please help me out . I and my husband applied for Ilr on 22 May 2015 . We recieved a enquiry regarding my documents on 12.08.2015 which we sent by post the very next day. On 30.08.2015 an unfortunate incident happened where I had to call police . They arrested my husband and charged him the very night . He didn't plead guilty in the court. Now will it effect our application? Also police has taken my withdraw statement . According to 3221(c) a person shouldn't be having criminal conviction 24 months prior to the date of applying . Here in our case he is not convicted yet but charged . It's a very stressful situation. Please help .

ilrvisanow

Re: Husband charged after applying Ilr

Post by ilrvisanow » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Could we please get more idea into nature of offence to give you the best advice as nature of offence makes a lot of difference.

Anushree996
Newly Registered

Post by Anushree996 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:51 pm

ilrvisanow wrote:Could we please get more idea into nature of offence to give you the best advice as nature of offence makes a lot of difference.
Domestic violence

Anushree996
Newly Registered

Post by Anushree996 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:55 pm

It's been more than 5 months now . Have they put our application on hold ? I did call the home office they said they can't tell me anything unless 6 months are over

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Your husband may be convicted even with your withdrawn statement.

It is sad, but he has only himself to blame for the situation you find yourself in.

Perhaps you may be granted an extension.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Anushree996
Newly Registered

Post by Anushree996 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:41 am

Obie wrote:Your husband may be convicted even with your withdrawn statement.

It is sad, but he has only himself to blame for the situation you find yourself in.

Perhaps you may be granted an extension.
Hi obie

Well it was unfortunate . We had an argument where I pushed he and he pushed me . I got angry and called police and said he he me . Where in my withdraw statement I made it clear that I gave that statement in anger and it wasn't true . Even police doesn't have any evidence against him so I think he will not be convicted . One good thing I suppose is that he refuse to take caution . As it is a out of court disposal and would have resulted in refusal . 6 months are ending on 22 November and the court date is on 6 January . U think they have holded the application? He doesn't have a caution and charge is not a conviction . We haven't heard anything from home office yet.