ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependent (Short term) to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ANUSHA_84
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Dependent (Short term) to Tier 2 General

Post by ANUSHA_84 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 am

Hi Team,

I came on ICT Tier 2 Dependent(Short term) visa and got a job here in the UK and working in the current organization from last 6 months. My visa is going to expire in September 2015, I spoke with my organization and they are ready to sponsor Tier 2 General visa for me.

1. Do I need to go back to home country to switch my visa from ICT Tier 2 dependent to Tier 2 general or Will I be able to apply being here in the UK.
2. The organization which I am currently working is genuine and quite big. Is there any other things which I need to consider before applying for Tier 2 General

Appreciate your support on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Anusha

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependent (Short term) to Tier 2 General

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:37 pm

1. Yes. You need to apply for entry clearance from your home country.
2. If they are a big organisation, they will probably know the process to assign you a restricted CoS. If you do not have enough savings to show for last 3 months, talk to your organisation to ensure that select the checkbox for "Maintenance by A-rated sponsor" in which case you are not required to submit any bank statements.

ANUSHA_84
Newly Registered

Post by ANUSHA_84 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Regards,
Anusha

vengaishiva
Newly Registered

Post by vengaishiva » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi,

Did you get your Tier-2 General visa from Tier-2 ICT dependent visa? Because I am also in a similar situation. Did you go to India to get the Tier-2 ? Please help.

-- Siva