ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK-born child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gasans
Newly Registered

UK-born child

Post by gasans » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi,
My wife, two kids and I are all currently on tier 2 visas. We are applying for our ilr at the end of this year and am aware that because my son was born in the uk I can skip the ilr for him and instead apply for his British citizenship at the end of year(i.e. December 2015). Not sure if I should apply for passport as well, as he does have a non-uk passport. We are traveling abroad in March, and I am not sure if there'll be issue with his entry back in the UK. That is,I would have applied in December 2015 and might not have received BC approval and/or passport by March 2016.

Thanks for your help
Gasan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Newborn Dependant

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:36 pm

When does his current visa expire?

You will unlikely have a citizenship approval and British passport by March 2016. Current timelines are longer than 3 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gasans
Newly Registered

Post by gasans » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi

Our tier 2 expires in 12 December 2015. We intend applying for ilr on the 10 December (premium service) and immediately thereafter apply for son's BC. Is his tier 2 visa still not valid to travel with, and a proof that he applied for BC?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:58 pm

If his visa expires in December 2015, then no, he will not have a valid visa when you travel in March 2016 unless you apply for ILR or PBS extension.

Proof of applying for BC does not mean anything as it is the approval and registration certificate that proves his citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gasans
Newly Registered

Post by gasans » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi
Thanks again for your prompt response.

I was thinking along the lines of ILR for my newborn son, but am I allowed to apply for ILR given that is under 18? I thought that BC via MN1 is the only route.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Yes, you can include him in your ILR application. Is he newborn as in recently born or a bit older and already has a Tier 2 dependent visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gasans
Newly Registered

Post by gasans » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:40 pm

He is 3 years old and on a tier 2 dependant visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:14 pm

The best and cheapest option would then be to include him in your application for ILR as a PBS Dep extension will cost substantially more in application fee and the health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)