ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence For Non-EEA Spouse Of a EU Citizen - Portugl

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashoaib
Newly Registered

Residence For Non-EEA Spouse Of a EU Citizen - Portugl

Post by ashoaib » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Hello,

I am (Non-EU / Third world country national) married to EU Citizen (Bulgarian) and we wish to move and live in Portugal as I have a job offer from there.
Could someone guide me if we are eligible to moving to Portugal and applying for Residence Permit. If yes than what procedures are to adapt.

Thanks in advance.
Asad

Aimar

Re: Residence For Non-EEA Spouse Of a EU Citizen - Portugl

Post by Aimar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:05 pm

As you are married to an EU citizen you and your spouse are covered under the Freedom of Movement Directive 2004/38EC which governs the rights of EU citizens and their family members to move and reside freely in any EU member state.

Therefore you would be welcome to move to Portugal, specifically you and your spouse have an unconditional Three (3) months period under which you can reside without any obligations and subsequently your EU spouse should be in work, education or self-employment. In Portugal your EU spouse can apply for a Residence Certificate at any time not exceeding a month after the initial 3 months period, the same will apply to you as a Non-EU spouse.

Your EU citizen spouse will apply for his RC at the local Camara (Town Hall) where you choose to reside and your application will be made at the SEF (Portugal immigration)

How you get to Portugal will be determined by where you currently live, you may require an entry visa depending on your nationality if you are outside the EU.

All the best