ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

solospy
Member of Standing

English Language Clarification

Post by solospy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:34 am

Hi all,

I am confused by some of the posts here in regards to meeting English language requirement at level B1. I am a British citizen (through naturalisation) and my wife came to the UK in Dec 2012 under spouse visa for 27 months (old rules). She was granted ILR in Nov 2014 so now she will be applying for her naturalisation in Dec 2015. She submitted 2 sets of documents to meet english language requirement when she applied ILR in Nov 2014:

1. Her Masters degree in English from a Pakistani university with the paper printout of points based calculator scoring 10 Points.
2. Pearson test of english academic (PTE) with B1 score which was already expired at the time of ILR (expired in June 2013)

My understanding is that when applying for naturalisation in Dec 2015 she just needs to tick the box that she met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28 Oct 2013 and she doesnt need to send any more proof of the English language requirement.

Is that right ? If not can she send the paper print out of PBS calculator and expired Pearson PTE test certificate again ?

Thanks

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: English Language Clarification

Post by solospy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:46 am

Can anybody put my mind to ease by answering this question please ????

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:23 pm

Plz read AN Guidance
If u have demonstrated your English ability on or after 28 October 2013 then u don't need to demonstrate it again( it clearly says in the last para of language exemption)
(October 2015 update)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

Hope that answer's your query

Thnx
fbutt50

*The gravity*

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:59 pm

If your exam is the one in the following link Page 16... B1 exam... then you might use it before 5th Nov 2015 as stated in the 5th column.... it depends on what date the ILR was granted in Nov 2014

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

but if you think you're going to miss the 5th Nov... then I think considering the above post (not necessary to prove English requirement if it was proved after 28th Oct 2013) is the way to go...

Also, if you have print out from PBS calculator for your degree, then that will do the job I think

tell us what happened

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf