ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Passport with MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eclairs

Original Passport with MN1 application

Post by eclairs » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:09 pm

I got my ILR approved in August and planning to register my UK born daughter as British Citizen using MN1 form.

I'm planning to send her original birth cirtificate but not sure if I still need to include her original indian passport and current BRP(Tier-1 dependant) along with the application form?

On reading the MN1 application guidence form, I understand that I can include ANY of the following as identify document, but not 100% sure.

Child’s passport OR
Travel document OR
Child’s birth certificate OR
Driving licence OR
Bank Statement

We are planning to travel in few weeks time and looking at the current registration timelines, I don't think Home Office will complete the registraion by then... hence asking the question here.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Original Passport with MN1 application

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:11 pm

For peace of mind, I would suggest applying using NCS (nationality checking service) at the council (small fee payable) as then you get to keep ALL originals.

Bear in mind that the child will have to be in the UK to enroll biometrics at the Post Office when you receive the letter from HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:14 pm

CR001 wrote:For peace of mind, I would suggest applying using NCS (nationality checking service) at the council (small fee payable) as then you get to keep ALL originals.

Bear in mind that the child will have to be in the UK to enroll biometrics at the Post Office when you receive the letter from HO.
Thanks CR001. I didn't think the NCS can be used for BC registrations. I will surely look at that option.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:16 pm

BC applications is EXACTLY what NCS is for, a collaboration between the Registry office at council and HO.

NCS will check the form and copy all your documents and send it off for you. Absolutely worth the fee in my opinion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks very much CR001, I will try that service tomorrow...