ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding to English Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JAMES11
Newly Registered

Regarding to English Language Requirement

Post by JAMES11 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Hi there
I have a confused regarding to english language requirement, I have IELTS band6.0 , SPEAKING AND LISTENING BOTH SCORE 6.0 WAS taken 2004. and my question is , can i still use it as language requirement for british citizenship, as i know from 6 Nov , ESOL so on, can not be use anymore, and i check the prove list, its IELTS AND TRINITY, SO is it mean: my Old IELTS still valid for British citizenship application?
Thanks

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Regarding to English Language Requirement

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:26 pm

JAMES11 wrote:Hi there
I have a confused regarding to english language requirement, I have IELTS band6.0 , SPEAKING AND LISTENING BOTH SCORE 6.0 WAS taken 2004. and my question is , can i still use it as language requirement for british citizenship, as i know from 6 Nov , ESOL so on, can not be use anymore, and i check the prove list, its IELTS AND TRINITY, SO is it mean: my Old IELTS still valid for British citizenship application?
Thanks
Only if you have met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013.

Page 7 on
Form AN Application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen
N/A

JAMES11
Newly Registered

Post by JAMES11 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
JAMES11 wrote:Hi there
Thanks
Only if you have met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013.

Page 7 on
Form AN Application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen
I still not for sure, my situation is : i got my ILR on 8th Nov 2014, but i was used ESOL PET to apply for my settlement, because at that time i did not i could use IELTS even its expired.
And now for British Citizenship , all i know is ESOL is Not Valid anymore.
But IELTS still prove in the list, so could i use my old IELTS 2004 as prove of language>??
Thanks a lot

blackstreak
Newly Registered

Post by blackstreak » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:08 pm

Applied in September using my IELTS from 2007, thinking its still valid for Citizenship