ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice me on the lost documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indus
Newly Registered

Advice me on the lost documents

Post by Indus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Hello
i have lost my documents that were posted by royal mail in the month of july.
I know on phone that i got my initial approval but of no use.
i wrote a complaint to the complaints department in UK ,its been almost 45 days and they have not replied anything so far.initially they said they would investigate,

both the local post office in india and Home office say that they are helpless.
When i contacted the VFS,they said that its upto me if i want to apply for EC with photo copies abut the decision is upto the british high commision.
This will be risky cos iv lost vital documents such as birth certificate and pay slips.

Can someone advice me,what should i do now?

thank you

merahsmp
Newly Registered

Post by merahsmp » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:17 pm

I can understand, This must be very painful for you!

I would suggest that if you have copies of all the documents then use them for your EC application. Getting all the documents again will take time and you may loose the chance of application.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi Indus,

This might sound a bit far-fetched but might be worth a try.

Can you request your case worker to attest the document copies with the Home office stamp and send them to you? Also, a word about the documents getting lost might ease the EC process.

I suggest this because, I am quite sure the Home Office might be keeping a copy of the supporting evidence with the application copy and if they are kind enough to certify these are true copies as received at the time of initial approval, you have a better chance.

This might be worth trying.

The best thing would be of course to get duplicate documents. Do you have notarized copies of all these documents by the way?

Regards
hsmppune.

Indus
Newly Registered

Post by Indus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:57 am

Thanks a lot guys for the reply.

Yeah ur right,the case worker will keep a set of photocopies.Not sure if they would send me with the stamp.

I will ask the case worker anyway. Looks like this is the last or the best option in this situation.

I have the other documents attested except for the date of birth certificate and Masters degree certificate.

keep me posted if you have any other advice.

thanks.