ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help in UKF form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bright_star

Help in UKF form

Post by bright_star » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:26 pm

Hey guys,

I intend to apply to British citizenship next January (only in Jan, because will need my Brazilian passport in Dec). Well, reading the UKF Form I got some enquiries, but couldn't find the answers in the UKF Guide. Actually, before finding this forum, I sent nationalityenquiries an e-mail, but reading some threads, I figured out that I may not have a proper answer. So, I was wondering if you could help me.

I am a 26 years old brazilian. My father was British and mother Brazilian, but they weren't formally married. Father died in 2009 in Brazil. I applied to British citizenship in 2007, approx, in the UK Consulate in Rio, but my application was refused - they said dad had a "domicile of choice" when I was born, problem that could be solved if my parents got married what didn't happen, as dad was having health problems already. I never understood this "domicile of choice" thing, principally because my sister, who was born in 1994, had a positive answer in her application. Anyway, this year I read about UKF Form and the law change, so I imagine now I can, finally, be accepted as a British Citizen. As I am a bit traumatised by British bureaucracy, I am trying to do everything correctly this time, so would need your help with the questions bellow (thanking in advance):

1- About my referees, is it necessary they have English spoken skills? I live in Brazil, so the biggest part of my referees possibilities can't speak English. They have basic writing and reading knowledge, but not speaking. I ask this because I am not sure about how Home Office will contact them, if by letter or phone.

2- As my British father died in 2009 in Brazil, besides his expired passport and birth certificate, should I send his death certificate translated to English?

3- The General Register Office certified copy can be sent instead of the original father's birth certificate?

4- During the process, may my grandparents birth certificates be requested? As I live in Brazil, it takes longer than the three weeks term to obtain documents from UK. So if it is necessary, I will order in the UK General Register Office website before applying.

5- About sending my Brazilian passport, can I send a certified copy of it or only original?

6- About the field 2.5, should I insert the official body in charge of collecting federal taxes in Brazil information? Every year I send them my income statement online.

7- I will need to designate as my second referee a Brazilian person, because I do not know a British person qualified to do it, but in this case, it is said in the guide I can choose another Brazilian, but "the Consul considers his / her signature to be acceptable" - what should I do to obtain the Consul acceptance. Should I take the document to the Consul in British Consulate in RIo de Janeiro?

Thanks a million! :D