ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rizahidam77

Language Requirement

Post by Rizahidam77 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 am

Dear Forum

I am due to apply for Naturualisation under AN application in December 2015. I supplied TRINITY College certificate of B1 level when i got ILR in December 2014. However the B1 certificate is no more valid due to change in the list approved test centers.

I just wish to avoid taking B1 again, for this I have a following credentials:

1) Original Certificate of Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - awarded in 2001 in Pakistan
2) A letter of comparability from UK NARIC - Dated January 2008
Where above degree deemed comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard
3) A letter from the University - Dated January 2004
The letter stating my name, title of award and year of completion details etc

My question is, does the above documents enough for me to fulfill the requirement of English. And does the dates of above documents makes any difference on their acceptability ??

Thanks for your valuable comments.
R Solungi

fbutt50

Re: Language Requirement

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

Plz read AN Guidance
If u have demonstrated your English ability on or after 28 October 2013 then u don't need to demonstrate it again( it clearly says in the last para of language exemption)
(October 2015 update)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

Hope that answer's your query

Thnx
*The gravity*

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Rizahidam77 wrote:Dear Forum

I am due to apply for Naturualisation under AN application in December 2015. I supplied TRINITY College certificate of B1 level when i got ILR in December 2014. However the B1 certificate is no more valid due to change in the list approved test centers.

I just wish to avoid taking B1 again, for this I have a following credentials:

1) Original Certificate of Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - awarded in 2001 in Pakistan
2) A letter of comparability from UK NARIC - Dated January 2008
Where above degree deemed comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard
3) A letter from the University - Dated January 2004
The letter stating my name, title of award and year of completion details etc

My question is, does the above documents enough for me to fulfill the requirement of English. And does the dates of above documents makes any difference on their acceptability ??

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Not All B1 Level are invalid...
See the List in the link
I am assuming you would have had the one in the 7th Row... If it was... you are OK
Let us know what you got

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ctober.pdf

Rizahidam77

Post by Rizahidam77 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks alot, the last para of form AN is satisfactory. Looks like I am fulfilling the requirement. However in your second message where you mention a link about the list approved test. I am just concerned about the test center requirement. Since HO has curtailed the test centers of TRINITY College and I cannot see my test center in the new list. My test center is validated until 12 November and I am going to apply on 17th December 2015.

Do i still qualify as form AN exemption para is giving me a sigh of relief but again the test center is restricting my confidence to apply with my current test which was taken September 2014 and was accepted for ILR in December 2014.

Thanks you for your further guidance.

Kind Regards
R Solungi

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:24 am

For further info. And confirmation u can call to ukvi nationality helpline to make certain about that but I think If someone has already proved his English ability at the time of ILR he/she does not require to prove again because it was already proved & accepted however it is my opinion only.

Thnx
*The gravity*

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:21 am

Rizahidam77 wrote:I am just concerned about the test center requirement. Since HO has curtailed the test centers of TRINITY College and I cannot see my test center in the new list. My test center is validated until 12 November and I am going to apply on 17th December 2015.

Kind Regards
What is the test centre

Rizahidam77

Post by Rizahidam77 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:08 am

Hi Saanju,

For CEFR B1 exam of TRINITY College, they have had many test centers where they conduct the training and exam for B1 test which were accepted by HO earlier on. But now they have approved limited test centers whose B1 exam report would be accepted.

Dear fbutt,

Thank you for your kind assistance, I think based on AN application guideline and application form its is clear that I don't need to demonstrate Language if I satisfied the requirement in the settlement application on or after 28th October 2013. And I duly fall in this category.

Thanks again.
R Solungi