ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KingdomMan

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:32 pm

saj85 wrote:hi
i want to apply for citizenship on basis of 5 years stay,married to an eu national,only problem is there is a gap in between my currents stamp and my last visa when it expired,There is a gap of more than a year.Just wondering if i can apply for naturalisation or should i wait longer before submitting my application

Please advise
Thanks
"An official assessment of your reckonable residency is made when your application is lodged. Please note that if you do not satisfy the residency requirements, subject to the provisions of Sections 15A and 16 of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956, as amended, your application may be deemed ineligible and a new application will have to be submitted if and when you satisfy the conditions...

Residency permissions are evidenced by stamps in your passport...

Please note that any failure to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau within a reasonable period will be taken into account in assessing your application...

Where there are significant absences from the State during the currency of permission further enquiries may be necessary and the application may be refused...

Gaps between permissions are periods of unlawful residence and are not reckonable...

Important: You are required to verify that you satisfy the naturalisation residency conditions before lodging an application. The Online Naturalisation Residency Calculator Tool is available as a guide to whether you satisfy the naturalisation residency conditions" - INIS

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Na ... Calculator

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000022

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi guys
I need your advise regarding my case.
I applied on 24/6/2015
Got my first acknowledgment letter on 14/8/2015.
My second initial process letter 24/8/2015.
Waiting for approval ..When I got worried after applicants after me received there approval I emailed them.please read the email and response and tell me what you can get from it;

Dear Sir/ma'am
I appreciate if you can check the status of my citizenship application:xxxxx x cxx
Persons xxxxxxxxxxxx

The reason I am asking as I will be due to Start new post next Jan and will
require work permit which I must organise early.So wondering if my
application will be approved before that?
Kind regards
Then they responded as follow

Dear xxxxx

Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

It is very unlikely that you will be invited to a Citizenship Ceremony
before January 2016.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:23 pm

13Warrior wrote:Hi guys
I applied on 24/6/2015
Waiting for approval ..When I got worried after applicants after me received there approval I emailed them.please read the email and response and tell me what you can get from it;

Dear Sir/ma'am
I appreciate if you can check the status of my citizenship application:xxxxx x cxx
Persons xxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind regards

Dear xxxxx

has been reached.

before January 2016.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division
Your application is still at the second stage of processing (Garda vetting and other departmental checks) and will still take more time (months) to get approval. Better you get your work permit sorted in time for your new posting. Your approval may be in the first quarter of 2016.

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:32 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
13Warrior wrote:Hi guys
I applied on 24/6/2015

Dear Sir/ma'am
Persons xxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind regards

Dear xxxxx

has been reached.

before January 2016.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division
Your application is still at the second stage of processing (Garda vetting and other departmental checks) and will still take more time (months) to get approval. Better you get your work permit sorted in time for your new posting. Your approval may be in the first quarter of 2016.
Thanks for your swift response KingdomMan

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:23 pm

@KingdomMan

I really appreciate your helpful mindset in spite of troubles in getting the citizenship for yourself. I wish you get the approval too.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:34 am

mCGIW wrote:@KingdomMan

I really appreciate your helpful mindset in spite of troubles in getting the citizenship for yourself. I wish you get the approval too.
Thank you.. Well appreciated.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:20 am

kofiasenji wrote:@gracious thanks.i wish to state that is the only offence I have and not receiving social benefit.i have 3 irish kids with my new partner and 2 Irish kids from my previous relationship with an Irish lady.
Hello bro. There's a possibility that an aggrieved someone has wrote to the INIS to make a strong case against the granting of your naturalisation. If this is the case, may I suggest that you go meet and talk to your local constituent TD highlighting your predicanent to him/her in the most honest way you can then the TD will make an official representations on your behalf helping your case with some credibility. I'm certain this approach will be helpful and beneficial in your case with the INIS. I'm praying for you always.

kofiasenji

Post by kofiasenji » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks @kingdomman, I have been to my Td and he has written to Inis the same response they are giving to me is what they are telling him which is processing and also can I ask if someone has contacted Inis regarding my case are they not meant to callable me regarding what was said instead of keeping mute cos am so confused right now and fed up of the process

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:16 am

kofiasenji wrote:Thanks @kingdomman, I have been to my Td and he has written to Inis the same response they are giving to me is what they are telling him which is processing and also can I ask if someone has contacted Inis regarding my case are they not meant to callable me regarding what was said instead of keeping mute cos am so confused right now and fed up of the process
It's just an assumption that someone hurting about feeling being used in some way in the past may have written something negative about your residence in the state to the immigration and left a sour remark on your file which could be the main reason for this glaring deliberate delay in granting your approval. In the end you will still get justice done and get your approval. Just keep calm and upbeat as it'll happen for you soon.

kofiasenji

Post by kofiasenji » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:23 am

@kingdom man just spoke to Inis now,was advised that file still being processed and prepared for submission to the minister and if they need any other information they will contact me while I was informed lastweek they need more information from me but the lady today never made mention of that don't even know what to believe but she advised that I can't get approval before December ceremony.

zidadi
Newly Registered

Post by zidadi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:30 am

Hi.

I got the letter that starts with:

"application has now been initially assessed and has processed to the second stage of processing"

Is this what people here refer to as the "Second stage letter"?
After 1.5 months of applying.
I never got a "first stage" letter.

I applied through a solicitor, is 1.5 months for that letter a good thing ?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:38 am

kofiasenji wrote:@kingdom man just spoke to Inis now,was advised that file still being processed and prepared for submission to the minister and if they need any other information they will contact me while I was informed lastweek they need more information from me but the lady today never made mention of that don't even know what to believe but she advised that I can't get approval before December ceremony.
In all these and in your long wait, I see light at the end of the tunnel for you and there's all possibilities you'll get your approval in the first months of 2016. You'll be fine bro and the rest will be history!

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:41 am

zidadi wrote:Hi.

"application has now been initially assessed and has processed to the second stage of processing"

@zidadi I have seen people getting 2nd stage letters within 1-2 months of their applications, hence your 2nd stage have come in good time in my opinion.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:44 am

When you applied 1.5months ago, did you not get a letter acknowledging your application with a receipt for application fee and application reference number?? If you did get such letter, then that's your first stage letter and this most recent letter you recieved is the second stage letter as you've rightly stated here. Hopefull the next letter you will get in few months to come will be your approval letter.

zidadi
Newly Registered

Post by zidadi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:55 am

KingdomMan wrote:

When you applied 1.5months ago, did you not get a letter acknowledging your application with a receipt for application fee and application reference number?? If you did get such letter, then that's your first stage letter and this most recent letter you recieved is the second stage letter as you've rightly stated here. Hopefull the next letter you will get in few months to come will be your approval letter.
Hey!
Yeah I did get an acknowledgement.
Ready some posts here, I thought that there was an ack letter, a first stage letter and a second stage letter.
Anyway, thanks KingdomMan :)

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Just an update as i rang inis today and lady told me

That my application is in middle and havent submitted

To minister yet, And if they need any more

Docs/Clarification they will write to my solictor,

Bit annoying as my acknowledgment came

In May and second stage mid July and today

This answer was not i was expecting. Please guide

According to your experiences where im standing.

Thanks

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:25 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
kofiasenji wrote:@gracious thanks.i wish to state that is the only offence I have and not receiving social benefit.i have 3 irish kids with my new partner and 2 Irish kids from my previous relationship with an Irish lady.
Hello bro. There's a possibility that an aggrieved someone has wrote to the INIS to make a strong case against the granting of your naturalisation. If this is the case, may I suggest that you go meet and talk to your local constituent TD highlighting your predicanent to him/her in the most honest way you can then the TD will make an official representations on your behalf helping your case with some credibility. I'm certain this approach will be helpful and beneficial in your case with the INIS. I'm praying for you always.
@kofiasenji I dont believe this should affect your application, unless the "aggrieved someone" is your previous partner. and in this case as well once all the checks and three referee checks have come clear, this complain from the "aggrieved someone" shouldnt have significantly impacted the application process. @kingdomMan have you or someone you know have been through this where an "aggrieved someone" have caused hindrance to the processing of ones application?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:27 pm

dublin1924 wrote:Just an update as i rang inis today and lady told me

That my application is in middle and havent submitted

To minister yet, And if they need any more

Docs/Clarification they will write to my solictor,

Bit annoying as my acknowledgment came

In May and second stage mid July and today

This answer was not i was expecting. Please guide

According to your experiences where im standing.

Thanks
You stand the chance of getting your approval late into December or first months in 2016.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Gracious2015 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
@kofiasenji I dont believe this should affect your application, unless the "aggrieved someone" is your previous partner. and in this case as well once all the checks and three referee checks have come clear, this complain from the "aggrieved someone" shouldnt have significantly impacted the application process. @kingdomMan have you or someone you know have been through this where an "aggrieved someone" have caused hindrance to the processing of ones application?
It's only an assumption and no one is sure what the issue is with Kofi's case. Yes! I know of someone who had a near similar case and he was deliberately delayed for almost four years of his application all because in the past he had an acrimonious divorce from the Irish woman who got him his residency. The lady reported him to the local immigration and even before applying for naturalisation, he always had a running battle with the immigration office to renew his permission to remain in the state and that went on to affect his citizenship application and not until a TD who's very influential in the government intervened by making a very strong representations on his behalf to the INIS and he was finally granted approval after almost 4yrs of applying. Be mindful and careful of what you do to an Irish woman.. This people obviously protect their own! Lol

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Thank you for sharing that KingdomMan!

Mushtaqcheema
Newly Registered

Post by Mushtaqcheema » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi Guys ,

Has anyone received the Invitation for up coming ceremony.

Thanks

kofiasenji

Post by kofiasenji » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:07 pm

@kingdomman, my ex and I are still in talking terms and she can't do such and also I have Irish kids after splitting with my ex and have renewed my papers without hassle from Inis.only God know why my application is being delayed

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:44 pm

@kingdomMan

Hi kingdom Man

***** Updated *****

I called the inis today and was told that my application has been processed and there is no decision on it yet but it's a good sign and I will hear from them as soon as they will have a decision. So I asked her how long she said it could be a couple of months! Like why would it be a couple of months just to make a decision on an application that has been with them over 19 months ???? And what did she mean by couples of months do you know ????
I would love to hear you answer on this ??? How long is a couple of months 6 or more is that it ????

Thanks

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Mushtaqcheema wrote:Hi Guys ,

Has anyone received the Invitation for up coming ceremony.

Thanks
@Mushtaqcheema invitation is usually sent out 3-4 weeks and until 1 week prior to the ceremony, so hopefully invitations should start coming through soon, update this forum when you receive your invitation.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:55 pm

kofiasenji wrote:@kingdomman, my ex and I are still in talking terms and she can't do such and also I have Irish kids after splitting with my ex and have renewed my papers without hassle from Inis.only God know why my application is being delayed
No one as alleged that your ex partner did anything. It was only an assumption on what could really be the reason for the unusual delay in your application being approved. God knows it all and I wish you a successful outcome in the finalization of your application. Keep positive bro!