ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Caught in applying HSMP..what i should do

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Neelam1
Newly Registered

Caught in applying HSMP..what i should do

Post by Neelam1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:53 pm

Hai,

I am working in a company from last one yr on their work permit. last week i have applied HSMP, i think somehow my company got suspicious about my HSMP, they have asked me indirectly, what is your status of working in UK.

I am in confusion please advise me what do on following things:

1.If they asked me directly have you applied HSMP, what i should do, i have contacted home office and they told me that HSMP team will not inform my present compant about my HSMP application.

2. Can my present sack me on changing my status...

Please advise me...

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:43 am

Neelam1;
Very strange, they have applied for your WP and received it from the HO and yet they are asking you about your immigration status?
Hopefully the HSMP will be approved very quickly and then you won't have to depend on them any longer, in any case:
1. HO does not inform your employer about the HSMP application, not even before the change of rules that they needed reference letters from the employer.....
2. No, it would be unfair dismissal, however, they could try and find other reasons to fire you so be prepared just in case.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Neelam1
Newly Registered

Post by Neelam1 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:25 am

try-one wrote:Neelam1;
Very strange, they have applied for your WP and received it from the HO and yet they are asking you about your immigration status?
Hopefully the HSMP will be approved very quickly and then you won't have to depend on them any longer, in any case:
1. HO does not inform your employer about the HSMP application, not even before the change of rules that they needed reference letters from the employer.....
2. No, it would be unfair dismissal, however, they could try and find other reasons to fire you so be prepared just in case.
Thanks S. Tyler.

Thanks for the reply.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:53 pm

Neelam1 wrote: Hai,

I am working in a company from last one yr on their work permit. last week i have applied HSMP, i think somehow my company got suspicious about my HSMP, they have asked me indirectly, what is your status of working in UK.

I am in confusion please advise me what do on following things:

1.If they asked me directly have you applied HSMP, what i should do, i have contacted home office and they told me that HSMP team will not inform my present compant about my HSMP application.

2. Can my present sack me on changing my status...

Please advise me...
Not to worry Neelam1, and please don't think as if you are "caught in the act".
You personally have every right to apply for the HSM Permit and seek for employment your own, once approved. Your employer has no say in the process, which is entirely driven by your merits and strength of the application- just like any other visa/permit application.
Thankfully, this country doesn't work like the Middle east where the employer is the King with "powers to overthrow" as they like. Your rights are protected in every aspects, though it is good to keep in nice terms with employers.
Neelam1 wrote:
Thanks S. Tyler.

Thanks for the reply.
Oh, by the way S. Tyler is Steven Tyler (Aerosmith lead singer ) as I see from the quote "Life is a journey, not a destination" used as a signature..... I really doubt try-one is the real S Tyler :twisted: :D :D :twisted: