ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nk148
Newly Registered

Employment history

Post by nk148 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi,

Back in 2007 I worked part time for a short period (3-4 weeks) while I was on my student visa. I don't remember the exact dates, I don't even remember the name of the employer. I don't have any bank statements or other proof. In addition, at the time I did not have a national insurance number (NIN), although it was legal to work and be paid without NIN. I only got NIN when I came back to the UK on a working visa in 2008. I paid taxes and NI ever since starting a full-time job in 2008.

How should I state the temp-work in the employment history? Does the fact that I didn't have NIN at the time mean that HMRC don't have a record of my employment? if so, could listing this employment raise suspicions of HO if they don't find matching evidence from HMRC (as I said, the employment was totally legal as I was a student). If I need to list it, how should I fill the details if I'm not sure of dates/employer?

Thanks,

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Employment history

Post by saanju9 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:37 am

were you hand paid???