ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess in Sheffield

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrvisanow

ILR Sucess in Sheffield

Post by ilrvisanow » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:45 am

Sheffield PEO:

I would like to start with thanking all the forum members for the help I have spent lot of time in last 6 months learning from various discussion in fact my father :wink: who helped me to get through this could easily make this his home page he was always here learning and improving our application. :mrgreen:

My case was not straight forward as it might seem we had issues with HMRC getting records corrected, not getting documents we require from employers and missing P60’s.

I had 8:30 appt in Sheffield PEO. I entered at 8 am with a water bottle in my hand and I was stopped and told that guard wants to ensure that I only have water and he tasted some of the water. After all this we went to counter to register our case to a lady who looked confused and she said are you an applicant or a lawyer. I answered both, madam. As I am a lawyer who applied for ILR through Tier 1.
They took all our documents. Time was 8:15 am. Now, at 9 I was called to do a biometric which took sometime as they had issues with finger printing machine.

Here is only thing I am not impressed with Sheffield – Guy told me it should not take more than 50 min. After 3.5 hours I was called and given the good news no questions were asked. It would have been helpful to know the time frame so I do not keep on looking at the screen and my watch constantly.

Thanks to everyone and my father who is also member of this forum.
Leaving note:
Growing up in a suburb, a dream like this seems vaguely ludicrous and completely untenable but this moment is directly connected to all those imaginings and for anybody who is on the down side of an advantage and relying solely on courage all I can say is- it’s possible.

Teaching points:
1. Don’t try to save few pounds with HMRC as they do check hmrc records.
2. Ensure you provide a degree they do need it – despite form stating that you do not need to attach it (not sure though).
3. Dress smartly.

muraxza
BANNED

Re: Sucess in Sheffield-- Happy to help others

Post by muraxza » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:54 am

Congrates ilrvisanow

can you help us regarding HMRC issue what was your situation and how did you sort this please?
Blocked Username

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:21 am

Some issues with tax in Sa302 and i simply wrote to hmrc and they corrected it within 2 months.

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:23 am

ilrvisanow wrote:Some issues with tax in Sa302 and i simply wrote to hmrc and they corrected it within 2 months.
and which year was it? were you a self employed?
Blocked Username

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:52 am

I had issues with multiple years and a simple letter to hmrc worked. I feel the best way forward to be honest with hmrc. I see people here contemplating what do next and if they should contact hmrc- answer is yes!

I wrote that my acc. did some mistakes and i would like to amend my records. Also, i have seen people in forum making fun of others saying 'ohhh your ac made a mistake-sure". Fact is ac do make mistakes and in a tough time we need to give help to forum memebers and not judge them.

HMRC takes 2 months to amend all records and they do go back 5 years.

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:02 am

Brilliant News!

Congrats! Indeed accountants can make mistakes, trust me genuine cases would never face problems from HO, CW rely heavily on the papers and applicants in front of them. No country wants to kick established people out of the country when they know the contribution they are making towards the economy.

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:24 pm

------------ tax return--------------
Guys,
I have received a lot of messages about tax amendments.
So, I had issues with 10-11 and my accountant simply wrote a
Letter to Hmrc to amend it and it was done !

Key :
1. Ask Ac to send a letter
2. If still in process do include letter from ax to Hmrc in
Ho application to show its only a matter of time.
3. Do it soon as hmrc takes 2 months.