ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newlyweds who have not cohabitated for 2 years - No FLR(M)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nihMoham
Newly Registered

Newlyweds who have not cohabitated for 2 years - No FLR(M)?

Post by nihMoham » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi guys,

My fiancee and I are getting married on Monday. She is here on a Tier 4 student visa and we want to switch her from that to a dependent visa (I recently got my ILR).

Looking at the FLR(M) form, it seems to indicate that she can only apply in-country as my dependent if we've
lived together for 2 years. Is that correct? We have only been living together since January, and can only prove it through letter addressed to her dated from February this year.

What is the way to prove this relationship is genuine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Newlyweds who have not cohabitated for 2 years - No FLR(

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Not applicable to newlyweds. Provide any documents you have and/or photos, proof of weekends away, holidays, communications etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nihMoham
Newly Registered

Post by nihMoham » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Thanks for the quick reply

Associated question, most of our photos with each other are taken on the phone - are these acceptable as evidence, if we print them out? Is there any way (or any need) to show the EXIF metadata (which shows what date the picture was taken, the location, the phone model used etc?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Printed photos are acceptable. Put them in an album per holiday or experience etc if you want (the small flexible plastic photo albums)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.