ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements Cat A or B 6 or 12 months payslips?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

effell007

Financial requirements Cat A or B 6 or 12 months payslips?

Post by effell007 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:14 am

Hi all,
i have been employed with same employer for last 15 months as full time permanent basis. My contact is 37.5 hours per week hence 162.5 hrs/month at the rate £9.75 p/hr. My last 12 months gross are as follows-
2178.42 1
1614.14 2
2000.50 3
1917.09 4
689.14 5
1,431.68 6

1,844.73 7
1,782.43 8
1,486.00 9
1,426.61 10

1,615.10 11
1,657.45 12
Last 12 months total £ 19,643.29 and last 6 months total £ 9,812.32. Now, in the month 4,5,9 and 10 i worked less hours than contacted due to illness which I covered later (payslips only show hous I worked).
My queries are- am I fall in Cat-A or B? Salaried or Non-salaried?
Will it be okay if I show last 6 month payslips under Cat-A (non-salaried) or should I apply through Cat-B with 12 months payslips?
In both cases, my income is over 18.6K. However, 4 months below average. will these be a problem?
Every month I do earn some commission (shown as "additional" in Payslip) too.
In fact my employer mentioned my last 12 month gross earnings of £ 19,643.29 in letter.
Please advise??

tesco420
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Financial requirements Cat A or B 6 or 12 months payslip

Post by tesco420 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:01 am

hi
i think u should apply in non salaried catagory B, you will b safe in here.
in catogray A there r chances that caseworker might take your 5th month pay 689.14 and multiply it with 12 then u get 8269 annual salary. read below carefully

5.1.2. Gross income from non-salaried employment will be counted on the same basis as income from salaried employment where the person has been with the same employer for 6 months or more at the date of application.
5.1.4. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.

good luck. i think u work in tesco, am i right.

effell007

Post by effell007 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:21 am

tesco420 wrote:hi
i think u should apply in non salaried catagory B, you will b safe in here.
in catogray A there r chances that caseworker might take your 5th month pay 689.14 and multiply it with 12 then u get 8269 annual salary. read below carefully

5.1.2. Gross income from non-salaried employment will be counted on the same basis as income from salaried employment where the person has been with the same employer for 6 months or more at the date of application.
5.1.4. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.

good luck. i think u work in tesco, am i right.
Thanks for your reply. But, in the guideline they also mentioned:-
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual
employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the
person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months
prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by
6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards
the financial requirement.

If I apply under Cat A I don't think I have to show month 5 payslip. then again, if they take month 9 or 10 I am in trouble although guideline says they will divide last 6 months gross rather than lowest one in non-salaried case. what do you think.

tesco420
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tesco420 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:10 am

i dont know y u want to take the risk by applying in cat A when u have the option of cat B. in ur case they will consider ur income as salaried Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.