ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Grace period after Naturalization Ceremony, please help.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theaviator380

Grace period after Naturalization Ceremony, please help.

Post by theaviator380 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:42 am

Dear All,

As I said in my last thread, I always tend to be in a situation where there is a grey area and nothing in black or white.

We had Citizenship Ceremony on 2nd November 2015. Me and my wife’s certificates are dated on 2nd November 2015 however my daughter’s (3 year old minor) certificate is dated for 23rd September 2015, according to council, this is pre dated by HO. This is a day when HO made decision about application.

This could be an issue now as we are suppose to travel to India around 25th December 2015 and travelling back to UK around 10th January 2016. This means my wife and me are within 3 months grace period (as grace period is valid till 1st February 2016) but what about my daughter? Is she exempted from this rule being minor?

I have no issued in applying for British Passport and get Visa for India trip however I am moving my house in last week of November and it’s absolutely pointless for me to apply for passport with current address and change address again (although we are moving within the UK, we are moving good 150 miles away from where we live atm).

Would be very helpful if someone give me advice on this please.

Many thanks.

lijogrg444

Re: Grace period after Naturalization Ceremony, please help.

Post by lijogrg444 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:51 am

You will get 3 month use Indian passport to travel to India from the date in the citizenship document .

After each travel you will need to pay a fine when you surrender Indian passport

Note: There is no address in UK passport, so you don't need to do anything even-if you change address

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/Surrender.html

Travel each time on Indian Passport after acquiring foreign citizenship subject to maximum of Rs.50,000/- £ 145.00

chowkal

Re: Grace period after Naturalization Ceremony, please help.

Post by chowkal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:41 pm

why dint you apply British passport for your daugter thorugh fast track?

Also, I have a situation where my British passport is getting delayed. to make use of time so that I can apply for my OCI, the indian embassy is requesting British passport to be produced for the indian passport surreneder. I don't know why they are making a british passport mandatory... Passports are meant only for travel.
Once a person gets a natrulisation certificate, then he becomes british...

I have queried the embassy, but i don't think they will have the courtesy even to respond...