ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW LANGUAGE REQUIRIMENTS AND NEW AN FORM AFTER NOV 2015

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makkyrgz
Newly Registered

NEW LANGUAGE REQUIRIMENTS AND NEW AN FORM AFTER NOV 2015

Post by makkyrgz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:03 pm

As you all know the English language requirement are changing from 12 Nov 2015.

My question is, the people who has already taken the English language test and have qualified for ILR on that basics, would it be compulsory for them to do any new proposed English language test by HO in order to fulfil the English language requirement for Naturalisation application if they are applying after 12 November 2015?

I have and appoinmet with NCS by the end of november 2015.

I was granted with the ILR back in march 2014 and I provided at that time the Life in Uk test and english cerfificate expided in march 2014 by Trinity College London Graded Examination in Spoken English B.1. (GESE Grade 5)

The AN Form gives you the option to choose
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013; "

And in the booklet page 14 says: Exemption from the knowledge and life in the UK Requiriment:

"If you have already satisfied the requiriment to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in UK, by applying on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demostrate it again"

But I am bit confused about the changes requirement so, do I need to provide a new test? Or Im exempted and I dont need a new one.

However at the moment to provide the documents to the NCS, do I need to provide the english test that I used for my ILR?

Thank you in advance

Mrs. Fragoso

JAMES11
Newly Registered

Re: NEW LANGUAGE REQUIRIMENTS AND NEW AN FORM AFTER NOV 2015

Post by JAMES11 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:05 pm

I got same confuse as yours, I think, follow the requirement booklet, as we already demonstrated the english ability while we applied for our ILR after 28th Oct 2013, so we should be exemption to show the test again.

makkyrgz
Newly Registered

Re: NEW LANGUAGE REQUIRIMENTS AND NEW AN FORM AFTER NOV 2015

Post by makkyrgz » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:52 pm

JAMES11 wrote:I got same confuse as yours, I think, follow the requirement booklet, as we already demonstrated the english ability while we applied for our ILR after 28th Oct 2013, so we should be exemption to show the test again.
Yes, I already talk with at least 8 agents (I know, Im a crazy latina) and everybody just confirm that we dont need a new test if out ILR was granted after or on 28th october 2013 but we need to enclose the certificate (the one we use to obtain the ILR) and we just need to tick the option in the new form!!! I was so dissapointed because obviously I dont want to pay for a new test, thank you