ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

from portugal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christoff
Newly Registered

from portugal

Post by christoff » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 am

A Brasilian friend would like to visit me in the uk. He lives in Lisbon and has overstay his visa for 3 month in portugal. Is he going to have problems with UK immigration if he decides to come to visit me?
thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:48 am

He might do - it depends whether he admits to it or whether they find out.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

christoff
Newly Registered

Post by christoff » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:09 pm

thanks Vitoria.

I might go and pick him up in paris by car, would it be easier if i am with him and tell immigration officer at the ferry port that he will be staying to my house for few weeks (He doesnt speak english). If he tells immigration officer that he has overstay in portugal will they refuse him automatically and what are the consequences?

Thanks

Decus et Tutamen

Post by Decus et Tutamen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:32 pm

One of the criteria to be met by a visitor to the UK is that he can satisfy the immigration officer he will leave the UK at the end of the visit. In your friend's case, as he has overstayed in Portugal by three months, he will possibly have a hard time persuading the IO that he will leave the UK as stated.