ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of stay for spouse of tier2 - ILR eligibility

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayorabi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Length of stay for spouse of tier2 - ILR eligibility

Post by ayorabi » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:41 am

Hello,

Is there a limit on how long can a spouse of a tier 2 applicant stay outside the UK before she/he loses her right to apply for ilr?
Im aware she needs to stay for 5yrs in the country but how many days can she travel abroad in a given year?

Also if there is a set number of days allowed in a given year, when does such year start and end? Is it Jan to Dec?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Length of stay for spouse of tier2 - ILR eligibility

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:26 am

There is no set rule, however, absences should be limited and for good reason. The year is calculated from whichever month of ILR eligibility. So if you/she applies in October, it will count 12 months backwards from October. She should ideally, not be living in home country for long periods than living in the UK with her spouse or using her dependent visa only for periods of 'visiting'.

Bear in mind that you/she have to submit evidence of cohabitation and subsisting marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ayorabi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ayorabi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Oh no, it seems this will depend on the mood of the CW on the day then. Not too comforting. Can I ask how would you feel our chances are if my wife stayed 4.5 months continuously outside the country? Reason is to sit her exams at Uni back home with proof available from uni etc.

Many many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Should be fine. Maintain proof of contact etc in case it is asked for at a later stage in the process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ayorabi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ayorabi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks CR. Will do.