ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any way to apply ILR for my daughter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fareeR
United Kingdom

Is there any way to apply ILR for my daughter

Post by fareeR » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Dear gurus,
My daughter's immigration and mine are in my original post.Just to avoid boring people I skipped it. Kindly read and advise if there is any possibility of ilr for my daughter now?
Vinny pls give your opinion too. Im trying to get your attention here to get some help as Ive no clue what to do.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Is there any way to apply ILR for my daughter

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:52 pm

It would help members if you at least gave a link to your other thread. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Casa wrote:It would help members if you at least gave a link to your other thread. :?
+1, am also getting tired of having to search for the 'original posts' to understand what members history is :? :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Casa wrote:It would help members if you at least gave a link to your other thread. :?
+1, am also getting tired of having to search for the 'original posts' to understand what members history is :? :shock:
You're not alone in that!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Im sorry.I should have included that.Apologies for the late reply too as I was on school run.
Heres the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1259958

Any help will be really appreciated.Thanks in advance.

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Link to my immigration history.Myself and my daughter are now granted 30months leave to remain under 10yr partner route.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1227420

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Essentially, as the child was born abroad, a grant or either ILR or citizenship is at discretion.

Generally, the Home Office follows the rule that children born overseas have the same status as that of the less-privileged parent. In this case, that would be you.

I would agree with the advice in the earlier thread that if your husband is earning more than £18600 per annum, that he should switch you to an FLR(M) application that is a 5 year route. As your husband is a British citizen, you will be able to naturalise as soon as you get ILR and your child can then be registered as a British citizen under Section 3(1).

Alternatively, if your husband is not earning £18600, he may want to look at the Surinder Singh route. He will have to move the whole family and "the center of his life" to another EU country for at least three months (the longer the better). Then when you come back, it will be under EU law and that is a five year route as well. You will get PR after 5 years and can naturalise immediatly, just as above.

These are the fastest options that I can see.

You can apply to the Home office for either ILR outside the rules or for exercising discretion and granting citizenship by registration. But you will need to have a very good case and the chances of you losing the application fees are higher than 50/50.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

fareeR
United Kingdom

Post by fareeR » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Thank you. Thanks a lot.Your reply is really appreciated.