ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!!! Tier 2 Application Withdrawn

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PrinceFav
Newly Registered

Urgent!!! Tier 2 Application Withdrawn

Post by PrinceFav » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi all,

I need an urgent advice from you all, @manci, @frontline mole,etc. Here is my case,

I have been on Tier 2 since October 2014 when my employer terminated my employment in February 2015 after passing 6 months probation few weeks earlier. Then Home Office was notified (COS Cancelled immediately)

Curtailment letter came after 3 months asking me to leave by July 13 2015 or apply on other category. I applied under FLR (FP) on 13 of July & because I have a son born in the UK.

While my application is ongoing I recently got a sponsored job and they put in an application for me to vary my FLR(FP), but to my shocking surprise I receive a mail today saying my offer has been retracted due to unsatisfactory employment reference from my previous employer and the legal team has been asked to cancel my ongoing Tier 2 application.

My question;
1. what will be my status if Home Office withdraws my Tier 2 application?
2. What can I do before such decision is made(e.g. can I send a cover letter but not sure of content)
3. Can I ask Home Office to switch to the previous application (FLR FP) while Tier 2 is cancelled?
4. What if a decision has been made upon withdrawal/cancellation? NB I applied through Postal Priority Service and I have done my biometric, waiting for decision.
5. Finally, will there be an option to reapply if HO withdraws/cancel the application? NB (my leave has ran out)

Thank you for reading and I hope to get a response soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent!!! Tier 2 Application Withdrawn

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:11 pm

What is your full immigration history and when did you first come to the UK?

How old is your son (I can find no mention of dependents in any of your previous posts)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PrinceFav
Newly Registered

Post by PrinceFav » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Thank you CR001 for your timely response.

I came in February 2011 on Tier 4 Student Visa, I have been on tier 4 till I changed to Tier 2 in 2014. I have never overstayed and I have completed my 2 masters which I got visas for.

My son is 1yr 3months, although not British yet but I chose FLR FP so as to switch as soon as i get COS.

Hope that helps

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:13 am

I doubt if FLR(FP) will succeed as your son is small and you have not been in the UK for a many years. It will easily be argued by HO that your son can adapt in your home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PrinceFav
Newly Registered

Post by PrinceFav » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:09 am

Thank you CR001 I really appreciate your responses.

Do you have any advice on the other questions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:12 am

Try to find another sponsor asap. But I suspect if they do reference checking you will face the same problem again if they need good references.
Char (CR001 not Casa)