ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Update timeline super fast

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SirMartini
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - Update timeline super fast

Post by SirMartini » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello guys,
Recently my wife (Indian citizen) applied for her EEA Family Permit. (I'm a Portuguese citizen living in the UK since 2012) in VFS Bangalore.

We have applied on 2nd November with all the required documents.
We have attached a certified copy of my Portuguese passport and a copy of my national ID card (VFS office didn't accept the original card and noted in the application form that they saw the original).

Based with this, we have received 3 emails:
2nd November: VFS Interview
3rd November: Application Sent to UKVI
4th November: Visa received and under consideration
5th November:
"Your application for a UK visa has been processed and dispatched. VFS will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents."

Based with this... it was only 3 working days since application.
Was it too fast?

I'm just worried about the fastest decision in history.
Did you anyone faced a similar timeline?
Was it positive?

Thank you for your help!

Sebsdl
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit - Update timeline super fast

Post by Sebsdl » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:42 am

Hi SirMartini,

I had a similar experience twice at VFS Bangkok. Both times we were successful within 3 days. Don't worry, EEA family permits can go VERY fast if you provide the right documents. Only if they have doubts in your "qualified" status or marriage it will take longer.

Best of luck!