ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalsation - Biometrics - Out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jassj
Newly Registered

Naturalsation - Biometrics - Out of UK

Post by jassj » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 am

Dear All,

I need your help please.
I am planning to apply for Naturalisation in the middle of September but I am going on holiday from 3 Oct-13 Oct.
What if I receive a letter to do biometric enrollment and I am not in the country?
How long do you usually need to to wait after application to have biometric enrollment and can you choose when to do that? Do they send you an email or a letter via post?

Many thanks.
Jass

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalsation - Biometrics - Out of UK

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:26 pm

You will receive a letter and will be required to enroll biometrics within 15 days of receipt of the letter.
If you do not, they will send you another letter. No one can tell you when this will happen (immediately or after delay).
If you do not enroll biometrics even after receiving the second letter, your application will be returned as invalid.

If the application is invalidated, I am not sure if the fees will be refunded or not.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jassj
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalsation - Biometrics - Out of The UK

Post by jassj » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Thank you so much :-)

Rishi141
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalsation - Biometrics - Out of UK

Post by Rishi141 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:56 pm

What did you do effectively then?