ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

banilkum
Newly Registered

Re: June 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by banilkum » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:50 am

Hi all,

Good News from me. I have received a Royal Mail with the approval on 06/11/15 dated 04/11/15.

Finally relieved from the tension.

Good luck to all waiting for approvals.

Applied on 3rd June by post. :lol:

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:22 pm

banilkum wrote:Hi all,

Good News from me. I have received a Royal Mail with the approval on 06/11/15 dated 04/11/15.

Finally relieved from the tension.

Good luck to all waiting for approvals.

Applied on 3rd June by post. :lol:

Congratulations!!!!

nanaok
Newly Registered

Post by nanaok » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:31 pm

nanaok wrote:Eligibility Criteria: 6years DLR + ILR - Married to BC)
Language criteria met: UK Degree & Life in the UK
Nationality: Ghanaian
Method of application: Postal Recorded delivery (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of application: 16Jun15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17Jun15
Date money gone off account: 01Jul2015
Date of acknowledgement: Email 06Jul15 and Letter 08Jul15(Dated 01Jul15)
Date of letter requesting biometric: 08Jul15(Dated 03Jul15)
Biometric done: 08Jul15
Date of approval: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting
Date applied for passports - waiting
Date of interview: waiting
Date passports received: waiting
Hi

I just wanted to share some information with the June applicants. Its nothing major but should give you all some hope if you haven't received you approval yet. I applied on the 16th June 2014 and still haven't heard anything yet. I requested my document using the home office online document request on Wednesday night as I am travelling in January with my family but didn't want to leave it too late.

About 45mins ago I received a call from the HO asking how I would like my documents returned (normal post or special delivery). As I didn't send a prepaid recorded delivery envelope, the HO person said I could pay over the phone for my documents to be sent by special delivery. I declined as I had no idea who she was and wast going to give my bank details to a stranger over the phone. I ask her to send it to me by normal. She said that she had taken copies of the documents I requested (Passport and BRP) so I would not need to return them again (note: requesting your documents does not affect your application unless you withdraw your application yourself!). Very surprised I got a response so quickly with my document request (3 days!) :shock:

Long story short, I asked her about the progress of my application which she said she couldn't say as she only deals with document returns. She stated that they are extremely busy at the moment with high case load, her words exactly was "we are snowed under". The point to note here is that as per the home office document request T&C, if your application has been refused then your document request will be declined until they are basically ready to send all your document back. So, it seems to me that the processing of my application is ongoing. Which tells me that if you haven't heard anything yet it not bad news but most likely the fact that they are still processing your application. The fact that they are extremely busy(an already disorganized department as per the media) means that the processing and approval of applications will be all over the place with no logical order to when approvals are received. Hence, people who may have applied after you may have already received their approvals.

So don't stress people, all good things come to those who wait :)

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:44 pm

nanaok wrote:
Hi

I just wanted to share some information with the June applicants. Its nothing major but should give you all some hope if you haven't received you approval yet. I applied on the 16th June 2014 and still haven't heard anything yet. I requested my document using the home office online document request on Wednesday night as I am travelling in January with my family but didn't want to leave it too late.

About 45mins ago I received a call from the HO asking how I would like my documents returned (normal post or special delivery). As I didn't send a prepaid recorded delivery envelope, the HO person said I could pay over the phone for my documents to be sent by special delivery. I declined as I had no idea who she was and wast going to give my bank details to a stranger over the phone. I ask her to send it to me by normal. She said that she had taken copies of the documents I requested (Passport and BRP) so I would not need to return them again (note: requesting your documents does not affect your application unless you withdraw your application yourself!). Very surprised I got a response so quickly with my document request (3 days!) :shock:

Long story short, I asked her about the progress of my application which she said she couldn't say as she only deals with document returns. She stated that they are extremely busy at the moment with high case load, her words exactly was "we are snowed under". The point to note here is that as per the home office document request T&C, if your application has been refused then your document request will be declined until they are basically ready to send all your document back. So, it seems to me that the processing of my application is ongoing. Which tells me that if you haven't heard anything yet it not bad news but most likely the fact that they are still processing your application. The fact that they are extremely busy(an already disorganized department as per the media) means that the processing and approval of applications will be all over the place with no logical order to when approvals are received. Hence, people who may have applied after you may have already received their approvals.

They're always snowed under so that's nothing new really.
11th June applicant now via NCS under 3 year rule and still waiting. No news is good news right?

nanaok
Newly Registered

Post by nanaok » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:29 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:
nanaok wrote:
Hi

They're always snowed under so that's nothing new really.
11th June applicant now via NCS under 3 year rule and still waiting. No news is good news right?
Yes they are always snowed under - I agree! So yes no news is good news. Considering how disorganized we know they are, I am not surprised really. If no news after 6 months then its different. Hold your chin up "chocolateorange88". It will all be over soon and you will receive the good news you have been waiting for. :)

a.zaheer
Newly Registered

Post by a.zaheer » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Update:

Finally by grace of Almighty ALLAH, I have received my approval letter earlier today.

BEST of LUCK to everyone waiting.. Hope it will not be a long wait for many of you!

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General (5 years) + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test: Expired IELTS + Life in the UK
Current nationality:Pakistani
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc):NCS
Date of application: 10/06/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc:CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/06/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 20/06/2015
Date of acknowledgment:24/06/2015
Date of Biometric info:24/06/2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info:27/06/2015
Date approval received:......... : 07/11/2015 (Dated: 28/10/2015)
Date of ceremony:.......... : 25/11/2015

Note: I have received both Home Office and Council approval letter on the same day.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:04 pm

a.zaheer wrote:Update:

Finally by grace of Almighty ALLAH, I have received my approval letter earlier today.

BEST of LUCK to everyone waiting.. Hope it will not be a long wait for many of you!

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General (5 years) + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test: Expired IELTS + Life in the UK
Current nationality:Pakistani
Date of application: 10/06/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc:CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/06/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 20/06/2015
Date of acknowledgment:24/06/2015
Date of Biometric info:24/06/2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info:27/06/2015
Date approval received:......... : 07/11/2015 (Dated: 28/10/2015)
Date of ceremony:.......... : 25/11/2015

Note: I have received both Home Office and Council approval letter on the same day.

Congratulations

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Moha99 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Update

Eligibility Criteria: 5years + 4 years ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK
Nationality: Gambian
Date of application: 01/06/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/06/2015
Date money gone off account: Debited this morning 23/6/15 cleared this evening 24/6/15
Date of acknowledgement :Dated: 23/6/15 - Received: 02/7/15
Date of letter requesting biometric: Dated: 29/6/15 - Received: 03/7/15
Date Biometric submited: 04/7/15
Date of approval:?????
Date of ceremony:????
Date applied for passports:??????
Date of interview;????????????
Date passports received;??????????

Received a letter from the HO requesting me to provide an English language qualification which I have already book the test for Thursday. They also said "According to our records, you were in the UK without leave to remain under the immigration laws between 20/03/2008 when your appeal rights exhausted and 17/02/2010 when you left the country. It would therefore appear that you were not compliant with UK immigration laws during this period and may not meet the good character requirement for naturalisation".

Although I did make a new application when my appeal exhausted. The application 'access rights to a child' was made straight after my appeal through my solicitor. It was submitted in the summer of 2008, received an acknowledgement letter and after 1yr 6months my application was still with the HO. I decided to withdrew my application from the HO in January, prior to that i had to send them my flight ticket before they could return my application and passport.

I left the UK on the 11/02/10 and submitted my application at the British Consulate in the Gambia on the 14/02/10. Now I cannot find any of those HO correspondence and my last hope is on my Solicitor who has promised to look on their records on monday for my file but however he said they do not keep any records for longer that 5 years.

I now feel the HO did not register that application on their system or my case worker did not bother to check. Now am confused if my solicitor do not find my file what would i need to do. Anyone been in this situation on here.

Thanks guys

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Moha what language certificate did you provide them with when you applied?

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Moha99 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:08 pm

averagejoe wrote:Moha what language certificate did you provide to lhem with when you applied?

I didn't provide any language certificate, i only provided a knowledge of life in the UK which i did in 2011 and use to apply for my indefinite in 2011. I just don't understand why the HO don't have any record of my application i made in 2011 through my solicitor even though i received an acknowledgement letter from the HO.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:40 pm

So you applied for uk citizenship without providing any proof of English language?

To me it sounds like they're willing to possibly approve u maybe because if they were gonna refuse u cos of overstaying they would have done it already without mentioning the language certificate.

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Moha99 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:47 pm

averagejoe wrote:So you applied for uk citizenship without providing any proof of English language?

To me it sounds like they're willing to possibly approve u maybe because if they were gonna refuse u cos of overstaying they would have done it already without mentioning the language certificate.

Yes I applied without providing any proof of English language, i only provide life in the UK certificate. It seems like that to me too, but just don't understand why they asking me to provide correspondence when they should already have that application on their system.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:04 pm

ok so once u do ur exam and receive ur certificate, send it to them.

also include a covering letter to explain as you did on here.
Mention the fact that u applied before and received
ack letter ( attach a photocopy of ur ack letter from before)
explain you withdrew on xx date and returned voluntarily to your origin country.

Include covering letter with exam certificate, and pray for the best

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Moha99 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:33 pm

averagejoe wrote:ok so once u do ur exam and receive ur certificate, send it to them.

also include a covering letter to explain as you did on here.
Mention the fact that u applied before and received
ack letter ( attach a photocopy of ur ack letter from before)
explain you withdrew on xx date and returned voluntarily to your origin country.

Include covering letter with exam certificate, and pray for the best

The exam is booked for the 12th Nov, but i thought the results are sent electronically to HO as the deadline to provide all this is on the 24/11.

I could not find that acknowledgement letter now, my solicitor was the one who applied it and the ack letter was sent to him and he sent me a copy, so he's promised to look on the records if they could find my file as i don't have any documents from that time.

I will have to do a covering letter... thanks just need to hope and pray now...

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:43 pm

The exam is booked for the 12th Nov, but i thought the results are sent electronically to HO as the deadline to provide all this is on the 24/11.

I didn't know this but surely the exam centre give umyou some kinda paperwork to say you passed etc

And if you're confident with dates of previous application then maybe there will be a trace of ur withdrawn application
But if HO do go searching for it then it may take time for HO to approve or deny

Lenchik
Newly Registered

Post by Lenchik » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:50 pm

UPDATE
Lenchik wrote:Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC 3+
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test):IELTS
Current nationality:
Council name if NCS used: Hampshire
Date of application:16/06/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: ?
Date of debit or clearance of fees:22/06/2015
Date of acknowledgment: e-mail on 22/06/2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 07/11/2015 (dated 05/11/2015)

Date of Submission of Biometric info: 07/11/2015
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Hi everyone. My case, I think, is a bit worrying. It is more than 4.5 months now and I am still waiting for invitation for Biometrics... 3 weeks ago wrote an e-mail to the address provided by Citizenship and nationality enquiries helpline. 2 weeks ago repeated the same: called helpline, got the same e-mail address, wrote another e-mail questioning about Biometrics invitation. Heard nothing back.
Does anyone have any ideas, please, what else can be done in my case?
Thank you in advance.
P.S. My colleague applied on 26/06/2015. Got her magic brown envelope with approval 2 weeks ago....
At last!!! After 5 e-mails I sent during the last month I got my invitation letter for Biometrics! I feel so happy - something actually is going on there ! :)

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Moha99 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:04 am

averagejoe wrote:The exam is booked for the 12th Nov, but i thought the results are sent electronically to HO as the deadline to provide all this is on the 24/11.

I didn't know this but surely the exam centre give umyou some kinda paperwork to say you passed etc

And if you're confident with dates of previous application then maybe there will be a trace of ur withdrawn application
But if HO do go searching for it then it may take time for HO to approve or deny

I hope the exam centre does. I am 100% confident of the dates of the application, even the HO is wrong when they said I left the UK on the 17/2/10 as i left on the 11/02/10 stamp on my passport.

Well if my lawyer finds my file tomorrow i will just send a copy of those correspondence or else the HO might need to check deeper in to their system will also be involving my MP. £1005 is way too much to be ask for something that the HO should have a record of.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:09 am

Good Luck with it Moha. Also get a copy of ur exit stamp for 2010 to correct them. send language pass
the exam centre gives you along with covering letter and pray.

Let us know when u send everything off and inbox me if you need a hand putting together a letter

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Moha99 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:31 am

averagejoe wrote:Good Luck with it Moha. Also get a copy of ur exit stamp for 2010 to correct them. send language pass

Let us know when u send everything off and inbox me if you need a hand putting together a letter

Thank you Averagejoe, they have sent me a return envelope so i will include the exam results and also the correspondence from my solicitor and send. If my solicitor cannot find my file then i will need to put a letter together and will then inbox you. Thanks alot for your help.

MBU001
Newly Registered

Post by MBU001 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:43 pm

I applied on 26/06/15 and still waiting for my docs and news. How many have not got their applications approved around this date.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Moha99 wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Good Luck with it Moha. Also get a copy of ur exit stamp for 2010 to correct them. send language pass

Thank you Averagejoe, they have sent me a return envelope so i will include the exam results and also the correspondence from my solicitor and send. If my solicitor cannot find my file then i will need to put a letter together and will then inbox you. Thanks alot for your help.

When you receive anything from solicitor, make a copy or 2 of everything you get. I'd still put in a covering letter aswell to show them that the time they say u had no status, you had an application pending so they can't class it as overstay

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:24 pm

MBU001 wrote:I applied on 26/06/15 and still waiting for my docs and news. How many have not got their applications approved around this date.

There's a fair few still waiting if you read through this timeline. My husband is one of them . Applied 11th June via NCS.

tomsawyer
Newly Registered

Post by tomsawyer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello,

Same story here...

I've applied at the beginning of June through NCS and still waiting for any kind of response from them :(

I guess that our hands are tied and we cannot complain, simply because they are covered through that claim "we aim to resolve all applications within 6 months" :|

What can we do about it? Did we complain in first place for such an outrageous fee? Nope, we just sat nice and played by their rules! I mean, there is no justification for that application fee (i.e. more than £1000/person). A common sense value would've been anywhere between £100 and £150 per person. What are they doing for that amount? Where else do you pay the same value for a service like this?

Anyway, again...just sit down and relax. There is no other provider for this service, so we cannot chose anything better :(

htxu
Newly Registered

Post by htxu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi. I am very concern now. I applied on the 16/06/15 ... and still waiting. Do you think HO may have problems with some applications/applicants. I haven't been contacted at all, after submitting the biometric information. Is this long wait normal, considering some others who applied in July or even in August have received the famous brown envelope by now? Should I contact them? please advise! :cry:

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Nothing we can do but wait until it's been 6 months!!
We simply have to wait.

The NCS I used are saying it's taking 5-6 months in general atm.

HO are supposed to do things in case order but since Aigustvstarted getting approvals.... it isn't likely