ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration health surcharge help for FLR pre July 2012

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Immigration health surcharge help for FLR pre July 2012

Post by thunderb0lt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:12 am

Hello

I'm trying to calculate the immigration health surcharge for my cousin. She has a two year spouse visa under the pre 9 July 2012 rules which is due to expire on 15/11/2015. She is unable to apply for ILR yet as she does not have B1 English and Life in the UK. She is therefore going for FLR.

I went to the health surcharge website, I get different figure depending on what I initially select for her. If I select applying alone it shows £500. If I select applying to join somebody (main applicant) it shows £0.00. Not sure which option is the correct one to choose. She is applying alone but also applying to join someone, her spouse, who is not an applicant.

Can someone please shed some light.

Also can you please confirm that she does not need to re-send A1 language certificates for this application for FLR.

thanks

vinny

Re: Immigration health surcharge help for FLR pre July 2012

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:39 am

If she is in the UK, then she should be looking at the option to remain, not join. £500 is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration health surcharge help for FLR pre July 2012

Post by thunderb0lt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:57 am

Excellent, thanks vinny