ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed vs Director of the Ltd Company - VAF4A2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gettcp
Newly Registered

Self employed vs Director of the Ltd Company - VAF4A2

Post by gettcp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:21 am

Hi guys,

I am actually new to this forum and i was searching for help and found this forum, so i thought i can post here.

Before I have post these queries, i have gone through some of the posts already discussed here and they are really useful.

I am a British citizen and applying for spouse visa soon. I have my own limited company and am the director of the company (100% share holder) taking minimum salary + dividends.

Couple of queries in form VAF4A2

a. Section 3.3 - I am thinking of opting income from self-employment and category F

I am not a self-employed and i have never registered with HMRC as self-employed. I pay tax & NIC on my salary through PAYE (Payroll software - RTI) - I get payslips, P60, Dividend vouchers...etc for every year. Is it the right option to choose income from self-employment even though i am not self employed?

b. section 3C
Q 3.49 - Was your sponsor self employed on the date of application?
Q.3.50 How long has your sponsor been self employed?
Q 3.54 is your sponsor registered as self-employed with HRMC?
Q 3.56 Please indicate what type of company your sponsor owns/runs? A - Limited Company based in the UK
Q 3.58 (Cat F) - income from self-employment

All the above questions are referring as self-employed - what answers I have to select when filing the application.

The document check list for self-employed is different from Director of limited Company

e.g. Evidence of on going self employed through evidence of payment of NIC 2 contributions - but me being the employed (and directory of company) my tax and NIC1 will be deducted through PAYE before i get a net salary.

The document check list separates for self employed vs Director of limited company where as the application form doesn't. Any suggestions how to proceed?

I have the following documents in-place already

1. payslips, P60, Dividend vouchers
2. Self assessment
3. CT600 for last financial year (2012-2013)
4. Accountant certification of confirmation for un-audited accounts
5. Current appointment report from Companies house
6. Bank statements (personal & business)
7. VAT returns
...etc

Thanks in advance

gettcp
Newly Registered

Re: Self employed vs Director of the Ltd Company - VAF4A2

Post by gettcp » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 am

Any Advice please? would be appreciated

SPbluez
Newly Registered

Re: Self employed vs Director of the Ltd Company - VAF4A2

Post by SPbluez » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:19 am

Hi gettcp,

I am in same situation as yours.

Could you please please let me know what did you fill on your application? I am applying for my spouse VISA soon and I am director of Limited company applying under Category F.

Thank you.