ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language ESOL query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anasjamil2

English Language ESOL query

Post by anasjamil2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:46 am

hello Experts.

I got ILR in March2015. My wife got ILR in June2015.

Wife used ESOL B1 E3 certificate dated April 2014 for her ILR. I have heard home office removed ESOL from the approved english language test list.

What my wife is supposed to do now:
- Does she has to prove again english language even if she has proved in ILR?
- If she has to prove then does the existing ESOL can be used in June-July2016 when she completed 1yr on ILR?

Thanks,
Anas

anasjamil2

Re: English Language ESOL query

Post by anasjamil2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:06 pm

I typo above -

What my wife is supposed to do now:
- Does she has to prove again english language for BC even if she has proved in ILR?
- If she has to prove then does the existing ESOL can be used in June-July2016 when she completes 1yr on ILR?

WR1

Re: English Language ESOL query

Post by WR1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Once you have already demonstrated the KOLL requirment in ILR, no need to demonstrate the English Language part again. Just submit the LIUK again and select the relevant option.

Its a good idea to go through the BC forms at this stage even if you are not applying until next year as your questions would already have been answered. (there is a tick box option that states English was already satified for ILR after 28 October 2013)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided