ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Selecting Visa Type

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: covering letter format

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:52 pm

You don't need a covering letter. What makes you think that you need to do one?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:14 pm

dolly_14 wrote:Hi all,

I would like to know the format of a covering letter I need to write. I've booked an appointment in the next week.

1)What all I need to include in that?
2)would the header would be "Covering letter"??
3)Please help me with a sample covering letter (from applicant).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

It's a settlement - spouse visa.
You don't need to submit a letter, but your spouse as your sponsor has to submit a letter supporting your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:07 pm

@Casa, is the sponsor letter only required if unable to attend the in person appointment or for postal applications as well?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Char, I should have spent time trawling back through previous posts...I assumed it was a spouse settlement visa...not FLR or ILR. :|
You're right that a sponsor's letter is only required if not attending an in-country appointment with the spouse.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:29 pm

@Casa, yes annoying when new posts are opened even after requesting user to keep their posts in one place :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 am

Thank you... :-)

Yes, it's spouse settlement visa.

My husband have already sent me a covering letter for supporting the application. Just would like to know if I need any as I have seen in few posts that few applicants have also submitted one.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:09 am

You don't need to submit your own letter.
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Thank you so much...

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:28 pm

I would like to know the format of a covering letter I need to write. I've booked an appointment in the next week.

I have applied for VISAS so many times for me and my wife and not once I've used a covering letter.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:44 pm

navodwickra wrote:

I have applied for VISAS so many times for me and my wife and not once I've used a covering letter.
A letter from the sponsor is required for a Spouse Settlement visa.
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Final Checklist..URGENT REPLY PLS

Post by dolly_14 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to submit my application. Here is the checklist. Please let me know if these are sufficient.

Visa: Settlement-spouse
Husband on ILR.
Visa issuing office: Chennai
Vfs: Hyderabad

From me:

1) Passport
2)2 colored passport size photographs.
3)Marriage certificate
4)Tuberculosis (Medical Certificate)
5)IELTS scorecard
6)Wedding invitation from both the families
7)Marriage,engagement and honeymoon photographs
8.Flight ticket copies of honeymoon, accommodation and other bills.
9)All the academic certificates
10)Pan card and aadhar card
11)Very few screenshots of our Skype,watsapp conversations.

From my husband:

1)Covering letter
2)Employment letter
3)Appendix-2
4)Sponsorship form
5)Passport and Biometric Residence Permit copies
6) Accountant letter,dividend vouchers,summary,wages details.
7)Current account statements
8.Business bank statements
9)Cash savings and shares
10)Tenancy agreement, landlords(agency) letter
11)Council tax and corporation tax.
12)Flight ticket printouts for engagement,marriage and honeymoon.

Please let me know if these are sufficient for the application.

A) I heard that a bar code is mandatory on the first page. It's above the application reference(To the right of the visa application number). Is it the one and it's present only in the first page?

B) Should the paper size be A4 ?

c) Please let me know if there are any other specifications in printing the application.

Your help is greatly appreciated. URGENT REPLY PLEASE.

dolly_14

Re: Final Checklist..URGENT REPLY PLS

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:23 am

Please help me.... Urgent reply please..

Thanks in advance...

dolly_14

Spouse Visa Applied For : Update : Visa Refused

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to submit my application on 23rd of this month. In the online application form , I have mentioned the travelling date as 21 November as I have completed my application last month. As there was delay in receiving the documents, I'm gng to submit them on Monday.

1) will there be any issue as the travelling date... As I'm submitting the application after that date?

2) I've bank statements and all those till August 2015.. From past 1 yr. Is that okay?

URGENT REPLY PLEASE

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: travelling date..URGENT REPLY PLEASE

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 pm

There shouldn't be a problem with the date, but the most recent bank statements/pay slip must be no older than 28 days before the date the application is submitted. i.e dated no later than 23 October. You're missing the last two statements - September and October.
You don't say, but I'm assuming you're submitting a spouse settlement visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Yes...I'm applying for a spouse settlement visa. Should I proceed submitting the application or should ask for the two missing statements from my husband?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

You must submit the two missing bank statements as the application will be refused without them. How about your husband's pay slips? When was the last one dated?
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:13 pm

All are till the month of August 2015.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 pm

I'm afraid you'll also need the missing pay slips.
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm too scared now. Can I cancel the appointment now and book the slot after receiving those statements as well? I've already paid the fee online. My main concern is, it took months to get those statements. If we again have to submit those two aswell, don't know how long it takes. I'm confused now.

In case, if I submit the application on Monday, will they ask us to submit those missing statements or directly refuse the application?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:40 pm

When you submit the application the documents are sent to the Entry Clearance Officer to be checked and for the application to be processed. Without the mandatory number of bank statements and payslips the application will be refused. You need to re-schedule the appointment. Why do you think it will take months to get the missing bank statements and payslips?
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:45 pm

I'm not sure of how many it gonna take. Just assumed. Thank you so much for the information. You've been very helpful so far. Do you know in how many days can he get those statements from the bank?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:52 pm

I don't know, it depends on his bank. Better that you have to wait a little while now to submit the right documents than have your application refused and have to start all over again...and lose your visa fee. Sadly we see so many applications on the forum that have failed due to missing the full financial evidence.
Don't forget the pay slips.
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:54 pm

Thank you so much. Do we have any exceptional cases for not submitting the most recent statements?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Sorry but you don't. ECOs are strict about submission of documents with the application and there is nothing in the Immigration Rules that allows for a concession over late submission of evidence. Compassion doesn't figure in the Home Office decision making process.
(Casa, not CR001)

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for the information.