ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors visa for Albanian boyfriend

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrissy1
Newly Registered

Visitors visa for Albanian boyfriend

Post by chrissy1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:28 pm

Hiya, I'm wanting some advice. I met my boyfriend last year while he was living in England. He had applied for asylum (unfortunately he did lie in his application) but was refused and removed from the country three months ago. Our intention is to eventually get married, but I am still married to my first husband (about to start divorce, but has been complicated). I went to visit my boyfriend and his family in Albania last month and I will be going back again in January but we wondered what the chances are of us getiing a six month visitor's visa for him until I get my divorce and can apply for a fiance visa?

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:33 pm

"what the chances are of us getiing a six month visitor's visa for him until I get my divorce and can apply for a fiance visa?"

Almost zero, is my guess.
Last edited by avjones on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Yours is a reasonable question, but to counter that, given that we are talking about a visitor visa here, what "reason to return" to Albania would be shown in the evidence provided in support of the visa application?

I suspect that there is nothing that would convince the ECO looking at the visa application that he would indeed return to Albania before the end of the visitor visa. There is his previous UK immigration history, and also the fact that you live here!
John

chrissy1
Newly Registered

Post by chrissy1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:43 pm

I thought this would be the case, however, our reason for him returning would be that we want to get married. Surely we can only do this if we go through legal channels? Sorry, I know very little about these things which is why I'm asking. If he isn't granted this visa, what are the chances of him getting a fiance visa once I am divorced?

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:23 pm

The chances for a fiance visa are higher, but he could still be refused because of the previous overstaying.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:22 pm

i can only speak about my situation, but i recently married my albanian sweety and he has now got a spouse visa.

I was in the same situation as you, wanting a divorce but ready to start a new life with my partner. Be patient, get your divorce out the way and then you can then marry if that is what you want to do. My husband was also removed a few years ago, but this did not go against him in his spouse visa application.

In the meantime BA are doing reasonably priced flights to Tirana so you can visit.

P.S keep all the proof of you living together for your future application as this is key to the evidence you have to provide of your relationship.