ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds requirements

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navisavi
Newly Registered

Funds requirements

Post by navisavi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:52 am

We came to UK in September 2015. I am a Tier 4 student and my husband a Tier 4 dependent. He has been offered a job as a software developer and the company is willing to sponsor Tier 2. We opened a bank account in UK just last month. We have enough funds available in that account. Funds have only been in that account for less than a month. UKBA wants funds should be in account for minimum 90 days. We do have bank account in India in which we have maintained funds for more than 90 days. Kindly let us know how to show the proof of maintenance of funds for my husband and for myself. Will Indian bank statement be acceptable. Can the company show funds on our behalf.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Funds requirements

Post by iworker » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:13 am

your indian bank statement can be used.
even better to ask the employer to certiy your maintenance on the cos, so you will not have to show any funds in account.

RLMT needed, restricted cos and your husband and you can apply within uk.

navisavi
Newly Registered

Post by navisavi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Is it possible for employer to certify maintenance for dependent also or just main applicant. What is meant by RLMT

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:37 pm

navisavi wrote:Is it possible for employer to certify maintenance for dependent also or just main applicant. What is meant by RLMT
Yes, employer can certify maintenance for dependants as well. However, unless you plan to apply for fresh visa as Tier 2 dependant your husband need not show funds for dependants... (that's my understanding, but wait for expert advice, just in case)

RLMT - Resident Labour Market Test. Employer has to advertise the job on at least two websites/media for a minimum of 28 days, and can only recruit non-EEA immigrant (your husband) in case they don't find any other suitable UK or EU person. If this condition is not met, then your husband's visa will be rejected. Read Tier 2 policy guidance for full details.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.