ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unspent Motoring conviction effect on ILR SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmedelwan
Newly Registered

Unspent Motoring conviction effect on ILR SET (M)

Post by ahmedelwan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi,

I came to the UK June/2011 on a spouse visa.
I have had a motoring conviction due to driving without insurance by the court on 14/01/2013, was giving 6 points on my license and two endorsements (IN10 & LC20).

By Jan/2014 just before my visa expires, I've applied for ILR, it was refused as my conviction was unspent, they gave me 2 years residency permit, which will expire 17/01/2016. And stated that I need to reapply when the conviction is spent.

I know that endorsements takes 5 years to be spent. At the same time I've read that any non-custodial convictions will not cause ILR refusal if the conviction was over 24 months prior the day of the application of the ILR.

My question is, Should I apply for an extension or should I apply for ILR?

I would highly appreciate any quick help as it's all due very soon, and I am completely confused.

Kind Regards,

Ahmed Elwan

quadusa

Re: Unspent Motoring conviction effect on ILR SET (M)

Post by quadusa » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 am

I think you posted thrice, one should be enough.

The moderators / gurus will assist.

ahmedelwan
Newly Registered

Re: Unspent Motoring conviction effect on ILR SET (M)

Post by ahmedelwan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:06 pm

I posted it twice by mistake, I hope it wont harm anyone posting it twice! lol
I disparate for help as I am not sure what to apply for, difference between fees is massive, like everyone else... I dont wanna end up paying £1500 for nothing!