ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for my mom

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neelxxshb
Newly Registered

visa for my mom

Post by neelxxshb » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:04 am

Hi,

Hope someone can help me regarding this -

I have a spanish passport and live & work in London for few years now.

My mom lives in spain with my dad (spanish passport) & younger brother (spanish passport) but my mom has a Venezuelan passport and a spanish NIE card (mainly for employment purposes). I want her to come and visit me in UK for few weeks.

as a Venezuelan passport holder, she needs a visa for UK. I can't find any information anywhere online where it gives me guidance on visa application for UK for venezuelan passport holders but living in spain (with a spanish husband & child).

I have contacted various sources online but all I got back as a reply is a link stating 'applying for UK visa as venezuelan passport holder.

can someone please help?

thanks

secret.simon

Re: visa for my mom

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Probably a matter for the EEA-Route Applications. Perhaps the mods can move it there.

To the OP
Does your mother have an Article 10 residence Card as the wife of a Spanish citizen or as the mother of a Spanish citizen? If so, she can visit the UK with that. No further visa required.

If she does not have that, your mother can apply for an EEA Family Permit. It should be free and can not be refused by the UK authorities.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.