ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa- Could I apply by myself?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dora2015
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa- Could I apply by myself?

Post by Dora2015 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:12 am

or would it be better to do it through an organisation (charge of £420)

Current situation ...I'm a british citizen married to an Indian man. We got married in the first week of november after meeting in August...we're in contact through email and phone...

He's completed his English requirements (Naric)...I still need to do the rest...I'm content I could do it ....but just worried it may get refused.

85 East
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa- Could I apply by myself?

Post by 85 East » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:22 pm

You can do it yourself, there is no real need for you to employ an agency to do it for you. You will still need to get all the documentation and provide it to an agency. Look through the advice here on the boards (especially the pinned topics at the top), and on the ukba website and get familiar with what is required and as long as you meet the criteria you should be fine!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Are your finances straightforward and can you show annual earnings of £18,600 or have substantial savings to make up any shortfall?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dora2015
Newly Registered

Post by Dora2015 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:53 am

Casa wrote:Are your finances straightforward and can you show annual earnings of £18,600 or have substantial savings to make up any shortfall?

No Im on a daily rate of £110 for supply teaching and have savings worth £30,000.

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

As long as you've made a total of £18,600 gross in the last 12 months, you should be okay.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:17 am

shakoorh wrote:As long as you've made a total of £18,600 gross in the last 12 months, you should be okay.
For anyone self-employed qualifying income level is the amount on which HMRC will calculate tax due, i.e the nett figure after business expenses have been deducted
For each £1 you may be short in your earnings, multiply x 2.5 to give the amount of savings required.
Your tax must be up-to-date with HMRC and self-assessment submitted with your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.