ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent-Spouse Visa- Director of ltd company less than yr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anush23

Urgent-Spouse Visa- Director of ltd company less than yr

Post by anush23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi,

I have a query in relation to the "financial requirements" in relation to application for a Spouse Visa.

I am a naturalised British Citizen and my partner is a non EU citizen.

I am a sole director of a Private Limited Company. My limited company has been recently registered in June 2015 and prior to that I was in a paid full time employment until May 2015.

In regards to meeting the financial requirement, I do not have last one year's tax return due to it being a new company and return will be made in April 2016.

Reading the guidance I am confused as it asks for a one years tax return. I dont have it as the company is new and less than a year old.

1. What option exist if I have not yet submitted an annual return?
2. Do I have to wait till the end of this financial year to make an application?
3. If yes, can my partner come here on a visitor visa and then after Apr make an application for a spouse visa?

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

anush23

Re: Urgent-Spouse Visa- Director of ltd company less than yr

Post by anush23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:39 am

Anyone please? I am very confused.

The appendix FM in 9.3.3 says

The evidence submitted must cover the relevant financial year(s) most recently ended. A self-assessment tax return may include provisional figures, where the return explains why this is so and how the figures were arrived at, and in which case a covering letter explaining this and how any provisional figures tie in with other material submitted, e.g. audited or unaudited accounts, may be helpful. This means that a sponsor wishing to
rely on earnings from self-employment as a sole trader, as a partner or in a franchise will need to arrange to file their self assessment tax return to HMRC on a timescale geared to meeting this requirement of the Immigration Rules rather than the deadline set for UK tax purposes.

In 9.3.2 it

For those self-employed as a sole trader, as a partner or in a franchise, the relevant financial year(s) will be that covered by the self-assessment tax return and in the UK this runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year.For those employed as a director of a specified limited company in the UK, the relevant financial year(s) will be that covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 and corresponds to the 12-month accounting year of the company.

I was in a permanent job until May 2015 and had it for last three years. From Jun 2015 I have started contracting through my limited company.
Not sure how can I meet the requirements. If I dont meet them now, can I partner come here on a visitor visa? What other options exist?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

anush23

Re: Urgent-Spouse Visa

Post by anush23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Can anyone please advise?

anush23

Post by anush23 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:06 am

Hi,

Having read the requirements, can I apply under Category B showing my permanent employment income for 6 months which easily meets the requirement?

I have been in permanent employment for over 5 years before starting my ltd company recently.

Can my partner apply for a visitor visa if I am not eligible now?

Regards

Aarav2015
Newly Registered

Post by Aarav2015 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:45 am

Am in the same need of help. Could someone help us pls !!!!

anush23

Post by anush23 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi,

Can you please advise what did you do?

Anyone?

missza
Newly Registered

Post by missza » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi - I am in a similar situation. Can someone please help us!

Aarav2015
Newly Registered

Post by Aarav2015 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Guys,

Am applying for my kid. Am getting a letter from my accountant stating what is the yearly income of mine. As a evidence showing the salary slips + Dividend vouchers signed by my accountant. If I add my salary and dividend's it is crossing 22,500 so I think it should be ok. Showing the bank statements which matches with salary and dividend paid.

Also I have asked my accountant to do self assessment for 2014 april -2015 april and showing that as well.

Anyone in the group could you please let me know what else we need to submit.

Thanks
Lingesh

mkhalid

Post by mkhalid » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi,

I am in the similar condition. Did anyone gone through this phase please share your experience so that it will help me.

Thanks
:cry:

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:34 pm

You will need the filed tax return (CT600) along with evidence it has been submitted with HMRC.

From this I understood that you will have to wait until your accountant has filed the return at the end of the company financial year.
Remember they also want 12 months of bank statements showing salary / dividends - so how would you do this if your company is less than one year ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:58 pm

Mojohnson wrote:You will need the filed tax return (CT600) along with evidence it has been submitted with HMRC.

From this I understood that you will have to wait until your accountant has filed the return at the end of the company financial year.
Remember they also want 12 months of bank statements showing salary / dividends - so how would you do this if your company is less than one year ?
Yes, you need the CT600 otherwise the assumption is you could have paid yourself out of company profits that weren't there - i.e. money accrued for your Ltd's CT liability and thereby traded insolvently.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....