ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renouncing British Citizenship to use EEA FP route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

White Emerald

Re: Renouncing British Citizenship to use EEA FP route

Post by White Emerald » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Short update: I received a letter from the Home Office today , but not with my stamped RN. It was a reply to an enquiry my wife asked me to write to: "jog their memories". I sent the letter never expecting a reply but hey presto I got one. Unfortunately, I knew from here that it wasn't what I wanted. However, can you believe they again wrote: "thank you for your recent enquiry about your application FOR British citizenship,............... we will inform you in due course" :roll: That's the second time they've written that and this time I can't be bothered to write back; I just can't believe the incompetence.

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:51 pm

White Emerald wrote:Short update: I received a letter from the Home Office today , but not with my stamped RN. It was a reply to an enquiry my wife asked me to write to: "jog their memories". I sent the letter never expecting a reply but hey presto I got one. Unfortunately, I knew from here that it wasn't what I wanted. However, can you believe they again wrote: "thank you for your recent enquiry about your application FOR British citizenship,............... we will inform you in due course" :roll: That's the second time they've written that and this time I can't be bothered to write back; I just can't believe the incompetence.

I believe that sums up our situation.. I think it's a case of too few people trying to do too much and getting sloppy. Emerald when does your six month date fall?

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:53 pm

chaoclive wrote:
BCarter wrote:The way I see it the only power really we have is pester power and I fully intend to use that :D imagine how funny it will be when ever they answer the phone eventually and know you on first name terms. By the way I would check to see how much that number cost to call and if it's expensive I would suggest even phoning from Skype or some other service as it will be much cheaper or there may even be an alternative cheaper number. It may well be a landline cost but I don't know.. I only know northern Irish numbers Lol 8)
03 numbers are local rate numbers. They're free from mobile free minute packages and cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01/02).

Thank you! I get unlimited minutes so this should be amusing come Dec/ early Jan :lol:

White Emerald

Post by White Emerald » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:20 pm

BCarter wrote:
White Emerald wrote:Short update: I received a letter from the Home Office today , but not with my stamped RN. It was a reply to an enquiry my wife asked me to write to: "jog their memories". I sent the letter never expecting a reply but hey presto I got one. Unfortunately, I knew from here that it wasn't what I wanted. However, can you believe they again wrote: "thank you for your recent enquiry about your application FOR British citizenship,............... we will inform you in due course" :roll: That's the second time they've written that and this time I can't be bothered to write back; I just can't believe the incompetence.

I believe that sums up our situation.. I think it's a case of too few people trying to do too much and getting sloppy. Emerald when does your six month date fall?

I think your being too magnanimous BC! personally, I don't believe it's possible to be that incompetent twice but I'm not wasting any more energy and time following it up. The ref. number was correct so that'll do. I even got a named signature this time.

My 6 months won't fall until late January; although, I don't believe the 6 months is relevant as a processing time now, from what Louise has told us, which is why we're pursuing a Visitor visa. You seem pretty calm, which is a good position to be in.

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 am

I bet when you saw the envelope , excitement set in? even though it wasn't what you was expecting in the end. But i am actually surprised they wrote you, how long did it take them to contact you back? and i cant believe they still sending the wrong letters out, what on earth is going on at that department.
I decided to take B carters advise and pester the homeoffice, I called them again this morning bang at 9am they answered straight away. So i had yet another moan on my 6th month day cant believe its finally here and nothing so far , post hasnt been yet, but i dont believe in miracles thats for sure. lol.

I told the guy on phone i will ring every day until i get news they will know me soon thats for sure, he put a message through again asking someone to call me plus this time gave me their complaints email address, yesterday i was told there wasnt one, just a postal address. So i also fired off a complaint email stating that they are out of their 6 month standard promise and i wanted answers. Also i remember on the GOV website that it did say that they process 100% of applications within their 6 month standard. I cant see it on there now? am i looking in wrong place?

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi all, the home office called me back again this afternoon, this time the man was actually very nice, and actually listened and looked at my application while i was on phone. So i asked him has my application even been looked at, he replied yes, but it just hasnt been done yet, (so there is no backlog then huh? everyone) i asked why, he didnt know, he confirmed all was in order, my documents etc. He also confirmed this should have been done by now, and asked when i had emailed complaints which was this morning, he said good, he advised complaints will contact caseworker and ask why it not been done , they will have to provide complaints information as to what is happening. So on a positive note complaints will chase it , it seems on a negative note it can take up to 20 working days to hear anything back. Plot thickens.

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:08 pm

louise2 wrote:Hi all, the home office called me back again this afternoon, this time the man was actually very nice, and actually listened and looked at my application while i was on phone. So i asked him has my application even been looked at, he replied yes, but it just hasnt been done yet, (so there is no backlog then huh? everyone) i asked why, he didnt know, he confirmed all was in order, my documents etc. He also confirmed this should have been done by now, and asked when i had emailed complaints which was this morning, he said good, he advised complaints will contact caseworker and ask why it not been done , they will have to provide complaints information as to what is happening. So on a positive note complaints will chase it , it seems on a negative note it can take up to 20 working days to hear anything back. Plot thickens.
Maybe they've just been dragging their heels or have stuck us as low priority because they think we won't complain. Anyway I am very glad to hear that you're getting somewhere with this. It makes me wonder should I complain at about five months and see if that helps at all. I could say something along the lines of I've heard no feedback about my application and I am concerned about the lack of communication etc. Lol. Which email address did you complain to Louise ?

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:49 pm

BCarter wrote:
louise2 wrote:Hi all, the home office called me back again this afternoon, this time the man was actually very nice, and actually listened and looked at my application while i was on phone. So i asked him has my application even been looked at, he replied yes, but it just hasnt been done yet, (so there is no backlog then huh? everyone) i asked why, he didnt know, he confirmed all was in order, my documents etc. He also confirmed this should have been done by now, and asked when i had emailed complaints which was this morning, he said good, he advised complaints will contact caseworker and ask why it not been done , they will have to provide complaints information as to what is happening. So on a positive note complaints will chase it , it seems on a negative note it can take up to 20 working days to hear anything back. Plot thickens.
Maybe they've just been dragging their heels or have stuck us as low priority because they think we won't complain. Anyway I am very glad to hear that you're getting somewhere with this. It makes me wonder should I complain at about five months and see if that helps at all. I could say something along the lines of I've heard no feedback about my application and I am concerned about the lack of communication etc. Lol. Which email address did you complain to Louise ?
hey BC, ok here is the address. complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi everyone, nothing to report , stil waiting, however feeling very down and some what lonely today about the whole situation, just thought i needed to hear from people in the same position as me. How are you all coping? what do you do to remain hopeful?

White Emerald? how did the visitor visa go? and how did you go about it? the last time my husband entered this country he was detained for 6 hrs threatened with being sent home all because he has a british wife, he had return flights, money etc . In the end they let him in after warning if he dont go home kind of thing they know where he wil be! and get this, He did go home at the end of the trip , and the home office was sending me letters months after he had gone demanding to see proof he had left the country , Im not kidding. He left in the June couple of years ago this was now, and the homeofice sent me a letter in the september i had to get my husband to scan me a picture of the stamp in his passport that showed he arrived home! he hasnt bothered coming here since, i dont believe they would let him through the border without anything but the EEA permit, my husband has no criminal convictions , he not even had a speeding ticket, he been fully back ground checked from a couple of years ago when we wanted to marry here but our marriage visitor visa was refused as they said he couldnt prove he had no ties back at home, his response was , wel i dont my family is here, but it dont mean i wont return to my job/my home . So we married in the states with none of my family present except my daughter thanks to UK homeoffice. Since then i go to the States, they dont give me no nonsense i get a friendly smile and waved in with a 3 months stamp in my passport. It would be great to get him here while we wait this out. but even that seems inpossible.. not having a good day.

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:15 pm

louise2 wrote:Hi everyone, nothing to report , stil waiting, however feeling very down and some what lonely today about the whole situation, just thought i needed to hear from people in the same position as me. How are you all coping? what do you do to remain hopeful?

White Emerald? how did the visitor visa go? and how did you go about it? the last time my husband entered this country he was detained for 6 hrs threatened with being sent home all because he has a british wife, he had return flights, money etc . In the end they let him in after warning if he dont go home kind of thing they know where he wil be! and get this, He did go home at the end of the trip , and the home office was sending me letters months after he had gone demanding to see proof he had left the country , Im not kidding. He left in the June couple of years ago this was now, and the homeofice sent me a letter in the september i had to get my husband to scan me a picture of the stamp in his passport that showed he arrived home! he hasnt bothered coming here since, i dont believe they would let him through the border without anything but the EEA permit, my husband has no criminal convictions , he not even had a speeding ticket, he been fully back ground checked from a couple of years ago when we wanted to marry here but our marriage visitor visa was refused as they said he couldnt prove he had no ties back at home, his response was , wel i dont my family is here, but it dont mean i wont return to my job/my home . So we married in the states with none of my family present except my daughter thanks to UK homeoffice. Since then i go to the States, they dont give me no nonsense i get a friendly smile and waved in with a 3 months stamp in my passport. It would be great to get him here while we wait this out. but even that seems inpossible.. not having a good day.

Right now its the weekend, you cannot phone the home office, you can't enquire about your case, basically you feel powerless. You need to accept that theres nothing that can currently be done.

Pass your time and try to focus on the positives:

1. Your 6 months is up and you have unlocked the 'pester' ability
2. The guy you spoke to on the phone agreed your case was taking too long and checked and confirmed your documents are in order.
3. You are doing everything you can and can continue come monday.
4. Your complaint will filter through and help

All in all a watched kettle never seems to boil. Do not torture yourself! I for one stay postive by realising that one way or another I will be with my wife, I am determined that it will happen - so it will happen.

Treat yourself, watch a film, have a nice bath, eat something that tastes amazing.

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Right now its the weekend, you cannot phone the home office, you can't enquire about your case, basically you feel powerless. You need to accept that theres nothing that can currently be done.

Pass your time and try to focus on the positives:

1. Your 6 months is up and you have unlocked the 'pester' ability
2. The guy you spoke to on the phone agreed your case was taking too long and checked and confirmed your documents are in order.
3. You are doing everything you can and can continue come monday.
4. Your complaint will filter through and help

All in all a watched kettle never seems to boil. Do not torture yourself! I for one stay postive by realising that one way or another I will be with my wife, I am determined that it will happen - so it will happen.

Treat yourself, watch a film, have a nice bath, eat something that tastes amazing.[/quote]

Thank you for the wise words, i needed it. Just having a low day with this today.

White Emerald

Post by White Emerald » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:58 pm

louise2 wrote: White Emerald? how did the visitor visa go? and how did you go about it? the last time my husband entered this country he was detained for 6 hrs threatened with being sent home all because he has a british wife, he had return flights, money etc . In the end they let him in after warning if he dont go home kind of thing they know where he wil be! and get this, He did go home at the end of the trip , and the home office was sending me letters months after he had gone demanding to see proof he had left the country , Im not kidding. He left in the June couple of years ago this was now, and the homeofice sent me a letter in the september i had to get my husband to scan me a picture of the stamp in his passport that showed he arrived home! he hasnt bothered coming here since, i dont believe they would let him through the border without anything but the EEA permit, my husband has no criminal convictions , he not even had a speeding ticket, he been fully back ground checked from a couple of years ago when we wanted to marry here but our marriage visitor visa was refused as they said he couldnt prove he had no ties back at home, his response was , wel i dont my family is here, but it dont mean i wont return to my job/my home . So we married in the states with none of my family present except my daughter thanks to UK homeoffice. Since then i go to the States, they dont give me no nonsense i get a friendly smile and waved in with a 3 months stamp in my passport. It would be great to get him here while we wait this out. but even that seems inpossible.. not having a good day.
Hi Louise,

Sorry you're having such a rough time; it's really tough for everyone, but especially for you as the 6 months are now up. It takes it out of you the constant worry and waiting. By the way, why did they keep your husband waiting 6 hours? If he had a Visitor Visa, then surely that is enough to enter the country? That decision had already been made to let him in? Very strange! We're in the process now and will probably find out in 2 weeks. From what I've read it's all on a whim; who reads your application and whether they believe the spouse will return. It's also got harder to get them, but we decided to try it as this constant waiting is damaging our marriage. I've promised to support my wife and have given a guarantee that she will return home; however, while I know that is true, it's whether they believe it or not.

I really hope you get good news this week in regards the RN, as lots of us are in the same boat and you're flying the flag so to speak. :D now the 6 months are up [and on the gov. site it says WITHIN 6 months], you have every right as BC said, to chase them up on this.

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi white Emerald. Sorry i should have been more clear, back then my husband didnt have a visitor visa he just came here,, hense the interrogation hey :). I know what you mean, my husband and I are also struggling, our marriage is suffering, we be married a year in January and we have spent the first year of our marriage forced apart we had 2 days honeymoon after wedding then we were separated again by the atlantic ocean , that would make any marriage suffer.

Makes you laugh, im sorry for the negativity, but my husband and I are good people work hard, clean records, however you read all the time about these criminals allowed to be here because of their human rights. what about ours?

But there you go and on a positive note a new week is dawning, with that i hope positive developments materialise .

White Emerald

Post by White Emerald » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:42 pm

louise2 wrote:Hi white Emerald. Sorry i should have been more clear, back then my husband didnt have a visitor visa he just came here,, hense the interrogation hey :). I know what you mean, my husband and I are also struggling, our marriage is suffering, we be married a year in January and we have spent the first year of our marriage forced apart we had 2 days honeymoon after wedding then we were separated again by the atlantic ocean , that would make any marriage suffer.

Makes you laugh, im sorry for the negativity, but my husband and I are good people work hard, clean records, however you read all the time about these criminals allowed to be here because of their human rights. what about ours?

But there you go and on a positive note a new week is dawning, with that i hope positive developments materialise .
Ok, thanks for clarifying Louise. Unfortunately, none of this is relevant to them it would seem. They're really trying to close all the loopholes. Immigration to the UK is going to become harder and harder in the future. It's only a matter of time in my opinion before they try to close the loophole we're trying to use because it: "circumvents the UK immigration rules", or something of the like. Is there a backlog? Yes, possibly; are they understaffed? Yes, no doubt; but are these the only reasons there is such a delay? I have my doubts. They may not be able to stop people renouncing, but my instinct tells me new legislation is in the pipeline to close this loophole; that is to say, to those with dual Irish/British citizenship. Again, I hope I'm very wrong about this.

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:28 pm

White Emerald wrote:
louise2 wrote:Hi white Emerald. Sorry i should have been more clear, back then my husband didnt have a visitor visa he just came here,, hense the interrogation hey :). I know what you mean, my husband and I are also struggling, our marriage is suffering, we be married a year in January and we have spent the first year of our marriage forced apart we had 2 days honeymoon after wedding then we were separated again by the atlantic ocean , that would make any marriage suffer.

Ok, thanks for clarifying Louise. Unfortunately, none of this is relevant to them it would seem. They're really trying to close all the loopholes. Immigration to the UK is going to become harder and harder in the future. It's only a matter of time in my opinion before they try to close the loophole we're trying to use because it: "circumvents the UK immigration rules", or something of the like. Is there a backlog? Yes, possibly; are they understaffed? Yes, no doubt; but are these the only reasons there is such a delay? I have my doubts. They may not be able to stop people renouncing, but my instinct tells me new legislation is in the pipeline to close this loophole; that is to say, to those with dual Irish/British citizenship. Again, I hope I'm very wrong about this.

And risk bringing the wrath of the EU down upon them? That violates the idea of free movement and whilst the UK gov can be dicks to their own citizens without recourse they cannot so easily do that to an EU citizen, currently the PM is seeking to renegotiate the UKs relationship with the EU, I have not seen a single point on it affecting EU citizens aside from restrictions to benefits.

If you can find a source which is not based upon your gut then by all means share it with us, or else we can all just speculate and make this unpleasant experience even worse by creating scenarios which we just feel might be true.

And p.s I am routing for you, Louise and everyone else who is in this process! Stay strong and share any information you get and I hope to be having a nice chat in a few months about how we are all settled and happy.

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:37 pm

BCarter wrote:
White Emerald wrote:

And risk bringing the wrath of the EU down upon them? That violates the idea of free movement and whilst the UK gov can be dicks to their own citizens without recourse they cannot so easily do that to an EU citizen, currently the PM is seeking to renegotiate the UKs relationship with the EU, I have not seen a single point on it affecting EU citizens aside from restrictions to benefits.

If you can find a source which is not based upon your gut then by all means share it with us, or else we can all just speculate and make this unpleasant experience even worse by creating scenarios which we just feel might be true.

And p.s I am routing for you, Louise and everyone else who is in this process! Stay strong and share any information you get and I hope to be having a nice chat in a few months about how we are all settled and happy.

Well it seems I should eat my words, one of Camerons key points is to restrict eu citizens from bringing non eu spouses to the uk.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... le-3311261

WHAT ARE CAMERON'S KEY DEMANDS FOR EU REFORM?

IMMIGRATION

No in-work benefits or social housing until working migrants have been in Britain for four years.

No child benefit or tax credits paid for children living outside the UK.

No benefits for unemployed migrants, who could be deported if they do not get a job for six months.

Restrictions on EU migrants bringing in family members from outside the EU

Sorry Emerald, I just wanted to stay positive, now we have to wait until mid December to see what happens. I think he will get rebuffed but maybe this is why there is a hold up. I'm guessing noone has any news..

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Still no news, been calling them daily but still waiting for a call back from yesterday.

So what does that mean for us BCarter? it says restrictions for EU bringing in their families but no detail on what restrictions, what do you think? If Brussels blocks his demands it goes to the referendum regardless, doesn't it?. I be more concerned him getting what he wants and those changes and how they could affect us could happen quicker than the referendum happening.

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:11 pm

Do you think they really holding our applications because of this?

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:21 pm

louise2 wrote:Do you think they really holding our applications because of this?
I have no idea anymore, I am sickened and very unsure of the future. Might end up moving country to try the SS route. I now have a job that pays the required amount but id have to wait 6 months to even apply to bring my wife here. I've already waited nearly 5!!!

White Emerald

Post by White Emerald » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:11 pm

BCarter wrote: Well it seems I should eat my words, one of Camerons key points is to restrict eu citizens from bringing non eu spouses to the uk.

IMMIGRATION

Sorry Emerald, I just wanted to stay positive, now we have to wait until mid December to see what happens. I think he will get rebuffed but maybe this is why there is a hold up. I'm guessing noone has any news..
I can't remember now, but I either read this or someone told me about it quite a while back. That it is to say it was rumoured. I have no idea how this will affect us all but it's not looking good is it? There were just too many coincidences for it just to be backlog or lack of staff; something obviously changed when the tories were voted back in. They hate being subject to this loophole, especially, as they make no money from it at the start.

I agree with you that the EU would probably reject this; however, the delays while all this goes on doesn't bear thinking about. As you said BC, this may not come to pass but who knows how long we'll have to wait; it's absolutely awful news. We don't know what the restrictions are, but I bet using renouncement is one of them.

Meanwhile Louise, I'd be at them every day about your RN. There is NO excuse for going into 7 months and once you get it back, you could still get your EEA all going well.

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:33 pm

White Emerald wrote:
BCarter wrote: Well it seems I should eat my words, one of Camerons key points is to restrict eu citizens from bringing non eu spouses to the uk.

IMMIGRATION

I can't remember now, but I either read this or someone told me about it quite a while back. That it is to say it was rumoured. I have no idea how this will affect us all but it's not looking good is it? There were just too many coincidences for it just to be backlog or lack of staff; something obviously changed when the tories were voted back in. They hate being subject to this loophole, especially, as they make no money from it at the start.

I agree with you that the EU would probably reject this; however, the delays while all this goes on doesn't bear thinking about. As you said BC, this may not come to pass but who knows how long we'll have to wait; it's absolutely awful news. We don't know what the restrictions are, but I bet using renouncement is one of them.

Meanwhile Louise, I'd be at them every day about your RN. There is NO excuse for going into 7 months and once you get it back, you could still get your EEA all going well.

I agree with Emerald, you must nag them everyday Louise.

Lets hope and pray this doesnt pass, I wonder even if there was a change how long it would take to implement? It pretty much goes against the free movement.. So i'm hoping the EU tell Cameron no. Then the referendom isnt until the end of 2017...

Emerald, how is everything going for you? What is your long term strategy in all this?

For myself I am still hoping to get the renounciation and get the EEA route in asap, I will keep working at the new job regardless and keep saving up payslips to meet the stupid requirement if I have to.. (6 months of working + 1 month to process visa = 7 months apart from wife) or else I could SS it (though i'm very confused where I would go)

At the end of it all this whole thing is criminal, the foreign spouse cannot claim benefits under the UK way, 47% of people do NOT meet the criteria for earnings (which reminds me there is an appeal in jan about this I believe) and we are being denied our rights to having a family life :(

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm

I wont stop pestering them, in the last week i have always received a call back within a few hours even though they do say it can take 5 days. But with my complaint in, i dont know if that could be why someone not called me back yet since yesterday, i dont know. But as i said to them on phone and every day i call them i wont stop calling until it is done.I dont know if that falls on deaf ears, more than likely.

However they cannot hold our application for months and months on end until they bring in new rules? surely . Especially the ones who are way out of the 6 month service standard.

Lissa6

Post by Lissa6 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Well it seems I should eat my words, one of Camerons key points is to restrict eu citizens from bringing non eu spouses to the uk.

IMMIGRATION

No in-work benefits or social housing until working migrants have been in Britain for four years.

No benefits for unemployed migrants, who could be deported if they do not get a job for six months.

Sorry Emerald, I just wanted to stay positive, now we have to wait until mid December to see what happens. I think he will get rebuffed but maybe this is why there is a hold up. I'm guessing noone has any news..[/quote]

Hi all.,

Sorry to hear no one has received any good news yet! Although its great that you have been able to contact and speak with someone louise2... We are at our 6 month mark in December, so have saved the number and email address..

What is annoying, is that we all wouldn't have to go this route if they didn't make it so difficult to bring your family back to your country of birth!
I can understand, there are so many immigrants in the UK, but this ruling should have been done first and not the crazy restrictions for the British people and their non British families.

If they had sorted that out and done a change to the roles before hand (restrictions and needed so much money etc to get in for EU instead of British) there wouldn't be so many issues...

Lets pray that nothing changes in the next year!

louise2
Newly Registered

Post by louise2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Lets pray that nothing changes in the next year!

Hi , i second that, however why are we still being made to wait, concerns me will they keep us waiting for months and months more, can they even get away with it?. When the new immigration rules came out in 2012 the people who had submitted their applications by a certain time were treated under the old rules. So surely they cannot drag our applications out for months and months on end .?

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Lissa6 wrote:Well it seems I should eat my words, one of Camerons key points is to restrict eu citizens from bringing non eu spouses to the uk.

IMMIGRATION

Hi all.,

Sorry to hear no one has received any good news yet! Although its great that you have been able to contact and speak with someone louise2... We are at our 6 month mark in December, so have saved the number and email address..

What is annoying, is that we all wouldn't have to go this route if they didn't make it so difficult to bring your family back to your country of birth!
I can understand, there are so many immigrants in the UK, but this ruling should have been done first and not the crazy restrictions for the British people and their non British families.

If they had sorted that out and done a change to the roles before hand (restrictions and needed so much money etc to get in for EU instead of British) there wouldn't be so many issues...

Lets pray that nothing changes in the next year![/quote]

Hi Lissa, have you renounced and gotten your RC back yet? What is your situation?