ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prove self employed status after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Carling40
Australia

Prove self employed status after divorce

Post by Carling40 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi All,
Advice would be welcome, how do I prove treaty rights are still being exercised after divorce? I was divorced in September 2015 but I need to prove self employment status from the end of the tax year (April 2015) so basically April to September 2015. My ex is not cooperating.
Thanks

Carling40
Australia

Re: Prove self employed status after divorce

Post by Carling40 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi All
i'd be grateful if anyone could provide any views on this
i got married in April 2010 and unfortunately started divorce proceedings in April 2015 and got absolute in September 2015.
my ex wife is uncooperative and self employed, i have her self employed history from tax year ending April 2010 - April 2015, what can i provide to show she was still self employed till absolute i.e April 2015-September 2015? or do i not need to provide any info for that period because the marriage lasted 5 years?

Thanks

omonile

Post by omonile » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:13 am

Carling40 wrote:Hi All
i got married in April 2010 and unfortunately started divorce proceedings in April 2015 and got absolute in September 2015.
my ex wife is uncooperative and self employed, i have her self employed history from tax year ending April 2010 - April 2015, what can i provide to show she was still self employed till absolute i.e April 2015-September 2015? or do i not need to provide any info for that period because the marriage lasted 5 years?

Thanks
Since you have her record for continuous 5years ,you dont need anything again as she has acquired permanent residency already.just present the 5years record and its all done.

Musbti

Post by Musbti » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:01 pm

omonile wrote:
Carling40 wrote:Hi All

Thanks
Since you have her record for continuous 5years ,you dont need anything again as she has acquired permanent residency already.just present the 5years record and its all done.
do you mean that non eea national obtain the pr automaticaly without applying after completing the 5 years qualifying period? If so Can you please provide me with relevent law if any?