ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raja935
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by raja935 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:02 pm

Passport for: Adult (self)
Application Type: New (naturalised)
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 09/11/2015
Date of interview letter: Waiting.
Date of interview booked: Waiting.
Date of interview: Waiting.
Date of SMS received: Waiting.
Date of return of documents: Waiting.
Date of passport receipt: Waiting.

arizonabar
Newly Registered

Post by arizonabar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:00 am

arizonabar wrote:Passport for: Adult (self)
Method of application: Check and send
Date of application: 26/10/2015
Date of application received: I don't know, received no confirmation
Date of interview letter: None received after two weeks, so I called 0300 222 0000 and they said it was marked as ready for interview. I was allowed to make an appointment without the letter.
Date of interview booked: 9/11/15
Date of interview: 10/11/15
Date of SMS received: 11/11/15
Date of return of documents: 2/11/15
Date of passport receipt:

cnicola78
Newly Registered

Post by cnicola78 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 am

UPDATE!
cnicola78 wrote:Passport for: Adult (self)
Date of application: 30/10/2015
Date of interview letter: none received. called and booked after 7 days
Date of interview booked: 06/11/15
Date of interview: 07/11/15
Date of SMS received: 09/11/2015
Date of return of documents: 04/11/2015
Date of passport receipt: waiting 11/11/2015

As others have stated, you do not need to wait for your interview invitation letter. You can call the hotline and book your appointment as soon as they have received and logged your application. I had my interview the very next day
All done in about 12 days. Never thought it would be this quick!

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Passport for: Adult
Date of application: 04/11/2015 (06/11/2015) received
Date of interview letter: called 11/4/15 found they got my address wrong michine took wrong number in process
Date of interview booked:
Date of interview:
Date of SMS received:
Date of return of documents:
Date of passport receipt: waiting
[/quote]
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:36 pm

Guys, my wife followed the general advice here about calling to book an interview without receiving a letter. When she called they wouldn’t speak to her if she didn’t have a letter. What did you guys say? And also, what reference number do you use? Is it the same as the bar code on the paper application form or do they just bring up your details with your name and address?

Thanks.

funkylen007
United Kingdom

Post by funkylen007 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Update...

Method of application: Online & Sent documents via post
Date of online application: 28/10/2015
Date of documents posted: 29/10/2015
Date of interview letter: 07/11/2015
Date of interview booked: 07/11/2015
Date of interview: 09/11/2015
Date of return of documents: 09/11/2015
Date of SMS received: 10/11/2015 :)
Date of passport receipt: 11/11/2015 :D

Link for online application: https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/[/quote]

theflare_007
Newly Registered

Post by theflare_007 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi ray
I am not sure why you think they were unsupported when you wife had called them without knowing which reference number you need to provide them.

I am not sure whether you had used check n send or you had posted the form on your own. When i had sent my documents through check n send they provided me a receipt and a piece of paper with my name and reference number for application. Maybe for people who had posted on their own can use the reference number mentioned on the forms but i am not sure.

I rang them yesterday with my reference number provided by post office and they were able to locatw my record and book my appointment without the need of any letter from HM passports.

All you need to do is ring at numbers provided in my previous message and they should be able to help you. One number is to check the progress and someone should tell you that you can now book your appointment and then dial other number to schedule appointment.

Trust me staff members at HM passports r very helpful compared to UKBA staff. So chill out

theflare_007
Newly Registered

Post by theflare_007 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi ray again

And by the way it is not general advise we all are giving here.

We are sharing our experiences. You follow it or not its your choice.

I hope the above message was helpful for you.
Thanks

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks for the effort theflare_007.

She posted the app herself as I don’t think a simple form needs anyone to check it honestly. My question about the reference number was only for information. She has a note of the number on the form.

While they are much more helpful than UKBA they didn’t ask for any details or reference. Just said that she should wait for the letter. That’s why I was surprised and wanted to know what others did when they called. It’s not that she didn’t know which reference to use… they simply didn’t ask.

PS: General advice or sharing experience… the semantics don’t matter… we’re all in it to help each other!!

Ali_Raza_2244

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi folks,

Congratulations to all who have received their passports and good luck to those who are awaiting.

My question is regarding the courier they use to send the documents (paid one) and passport, do they use Royal Mail or DX Secure or something else ?

I am sure I will miss the delivery as I will be at work and if it is Royal mail I can collect it from their office which is nearby , DX do not provide pick :( so I was just curious to know

Thanks
Ali

akbarim

Post by akbarim » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:49 am

Hi Ray

All you need is the barcode of the form which is unique and that is on the form itself and also on the receipt from post office (Bottom left Corner). + few personal details.
You can call directly on this no.0300 222 1000 and provide your barcode and book appointment after you have applied and once they have posted your letter. ( You DONT need this letter on appointment day/ Interview day.

When you book an appointment tell them to send u confirmation on your email so that you get it straight away in case you get appointment for next few days. You MUST have the printout of this email confirmation on your appointment day.

ADDITIONAL LATEST UPDATE ON APPOINTMENTS
There are plenty of appointments at Reading office however if You are interested in going to Globe House (Victoria) then the earliest was from 16 Nov as per my knowledge at 4pm Wednesday 11th Nov. READING got me next day appointment :P ..

I COULD NOT BE MORE THOROUGH THAN THIS RAY .. Hope it helps :wink:

Good Luck Everone

rayclark wrote:Guys, my wife followed the general advice here about calling to book an interview without receiving a letter. When she called they wouldn’t speak to her if she didn’t have a letter. What did you guys say? And also, what reference number do you use? Is it the same as the bar code on the paper application form or do they just bring up your details with your name and address?

Thanks.

applyforILR

Post by applyforILR » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:33 am

[quote="applyforILR"][quote="applyforILR"]Passport for: Adult (self + husband)
Date of application: 20/10/2015
Date of interview letter: 29/10/15
Date of interview booked: 29/10/15
Date of interview: 05/11/2015
Date of SMS received: Never
Date of return of documents: 30/10/2015 (husband's document) 03/11/2015 received my document
Date of passport receipt: 10/11/2015
[/quote][/quote]
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 04-07-2015
Date money gone off account: 16-07-2015
letter requesting biometrics: 03-09-2015 (dated 28-08-2015)
biometrics done: 15-09-2015
Approval :10-10-2015 ( dated 01-10-2015)

kawa1
Newly Registered

Post by kawa1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:42 am

Hi ray
I called at 0300 222 0000 and there ( i already got my documents back) I got a confirmation with a reference number for me and after that I called at 0300 222 1000 there I booked the date for interv .
Good luck

kawa1
Newly Registered

Post by kawa1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:44 am

[quote="kawa1"]Hi everyone little update
Date of application: 26/10/2015
Date of interview letter: never received
Date of interview booked:06/11/2015
Date of interview:09/11/2015
Date of SMS received: 12/11/2015
Date of return of documents: 02/11/2015
Date of passport receipt ;)

cnicola78
Newly Registered

Post by cnicola78 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi Ray,

I used the reference number that was given to me by the Check & Send service at the post office. At first he didnt know what I was talking about but then he spoke to his manager and confirmed he could do it. I would call and try again and be a little more persistent.

In reality, the interview invitation letter arrived after I had completed the interview and received my passport.

Hope that helps.

C
rayclark wrote:Guys, my wife followed the general advice here about calling to book an interview without receiving a letter. When she called they wouldn’t speak to her if she didn’t have a letter. What did you guys say? And also, what reference number do you use? Is it the same as the bar code on the paper application form or do they just bring up your details with your name and address?

Thanks.

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Many thanks akbarim, kawa1 and cnicola78. Appreciate the help. Much clearer now!

ntuleimat
Newly Registered

Post by ntuleimat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I am filling my passport application and not sure if I need to include details about my grandparents. Both my parents and all my grandparents are not British nationals and all were born outside the UK. Do I still need to include my grandparents details in this case?

Thanks,

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Just tried booking the interview again. Had a complete “canine” on the phone insisting that my wife should wait for the letter and questioning her saying “what’s the big hurry”!!
Glad you guys had more luck than us.

akbarim

Post by akbarim » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:55 pm

If your parents were born before 1982 then you dont need your grandparents details. REFER TO GUIDANCE BOOKLET WHILE FILLING EVERY SECTION.

GOOD LUCK
ntuleimat wrote:Hi Guys,

I am filling my passport application and not sure if I need to include details about my grandparents. Both my parents and all my grandparents are not British nationals and all were born outside the UK. Do I still need to include my grandparents details in this case?

Thanks,

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi everyone little update
Date of application: 09/11/2015
Date of interview letter: not received yet
Date of interview booked:12/11/2015
Date of interview:18/11/2015
Date of SMS received: (I received confirmation by email just after booking the interview)
Date of return of documents: Not received yet.
Date of passport receipt:

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Follow the general advice on forum and try to book interview without Interview letter in the morning first they refused to book the interview without interview letter I tried again in evening and this time successfully booked the Interview :D

Passport for my spouse: Adult
Date of application: 06/11/2015
Date of documents received passport office : 09/11/2015
Date of interview letter: not yet
Date of interview booked:12/11/2015
Date of interview:19/11/2015
Date of SMS received:
Date of return of documents: 12/11/2015
Date of passport receipt xxx

Just one step behind 8)

PuneetNagpal
Newly Registered

Post by PuneetNagpal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:36 am

Unread postby kawa1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:42 am

Hi ray
I called at 0300 222 0000 and there ( i already got my documents back) I got a confirmation with a reference number for me and after that I called at 0300 222 1000 there I booked the date for interv .
Good luck

Hi Kawa and others,

1) Is the reference number given by the Passport Office different from the Post Office Reference number?

2) I tried to book the appointment today, it was booked, I gave the Post Office reference number and then the phone rep said that you have to bring the Passport Office letter (which I don't have). I then cancelled the appointment as I don't have the Passport Office letter. So, what to do?

3) I called the 0300 222 000 to ask for my reference number; they didn't have it. So that means they don't have my application yet. I applied on 10th November. Any advice here please?

Thanks all ....

Sam36
Newly Registered

Post by Sam36 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:28 am

[quote="PuneetNagpal"]Unread postby kawa1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:42 am

1) Is the reference number given by the Passport Office different from the Post Office Reference number?
(Yes, the reference given by the passport office is for Interview booking only while the reference number given by the Post office is your Apllication reference number - Post office reference is more important as you will have to quote this when needed)
2) I tried to book the appointment today, it was booked, I gave the Post Office reference number and then the phone rep said that you have to bring the Passport Office letter (which I don't have). I then cancelled the appointment as I don't have the Passport Office letter. So, what to do? (You did not had to cancell your appointment, as you could have requested an email confirmation of your interview from the same person who booked your interview and print and use the email instead of letter - you dont have to have lettter, its either letter or the interview confirmation email)
3) I called the 0300 222 000 to ask for my reference number; they didn't have it. So that means they don't have my application yet. I applied on 10th November. Any advice here please? (They must have your application but i think you confused them by asking for a reference number :? Normally they should ask you for your Application reference number to discuss any details about your application and once you have booked your interview only then they will provide you with a booking reference which is also printed on their emial/letter.)

PuneetNagpal
Newly Registered

Post by PuneetNagpal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:49 am

Thanks Sam36. I have booked it again now for Monday 16th Nov. He did remind me again to bring the Passport office letter (well...). I have got my email now so I will just take a print out of the email confirmation of my appointment. Hopefully it will be OK and I will not have any issues....

rsa707
Newly Registered

Post by rsa707 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:58 am

Hi Puneet, When and how you have applied (online or check & send by post office). Have you received any confirmation from Passport office of your application being received.
I also like to book interview date but so far not sure whether my application is received by Passport office or not. I used check & send service by post office.
Any suggestions please.

PuneetNagpal wrote:Thanks Sam36. I have booked it again now for Monday 16th Nov. He did remind me again to bring the Passport office letter (well...). I have got my email now so I will just take a print out of the email confirmation of my appointment. Hopefully it will be OK and I will not have any issues....