ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raomvj

Date of application

Post by raomvj » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please clarify my doubt?

My wife did GESC 5 Entry 3 from Trinity London from Glasgow Clyde college test centre in Feb 2014 and got an ILR in October 2014. Glasgow Clyde college test centre is now not in the approved test centres. So she will need to retake this test if we apply naturalisation after 12th Nov.

Today I got a call from NCS and the lady from NCS has given me an appointment for tomorrow i.e 11/11/15 she said the date of application is when we submitted application at NCS. But in this forum somewhere I read that date of application is when home office received the application.

Please confirm. I have already made NCS payment for two adults. If home office does not accept our application what will happen?

Thanks
Venkata Malla

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Date of application

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:45 pm

The rules have changed. The date of submission with the NCS is now taken as the day of receipt of the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Date of application is the date it is presented to NCS, according to page 18 of Guide AN.

raomvj

Post by raomvj » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks Case and TheMouseReturns.

Thanks
Rao

makkyrgz
Newly Registered

Post by makkyrgz » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:31 pm

You dont need a new test if your ILR was granted after 28th october 2013!!! I double check with UKVI please check your booklet and guide

raomvj

Post by raomvj » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks all. We have submitted our applications this morning at NCS Hamilton.