ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Student after HSMP approval seeks urgent help on EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freetomingle

Current Student after HSMP approval seeks urgent help on EC

Post by freetomingle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi,

I have been on a student visa since Feb. 2007. I recently got HSMP approval and am flying home to apply for EC.

I came here to study an MBA from a college in London and changed teh course midway to ACCA in August. Do I need to inform the Officials at the High Commission about my change of course during the EC application.

Please kindly offer some expert advise and guidance as soon as possible as I am flying in the next few days.

Thanks

astrick
Newly Registered

Post by astrick » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:02 am

hi

can u confirm is ur application is a incountry application or out country application?[/quote]

freetomingle

Post by freetomingle » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:30 am

Hi,

HSMP application and approval - IN country.

EC application from home country.

Please advise asap.

astrick wrote:hi

can u confirm is ur application is a incountry application or out country application?
[/quote]

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:51 pm

I think EC Officer might ask you taht why you did not complete the degree...but what I feel that it does not matter regarding the change of course. The students are allowed to change the course, so even if you tell the EC officer, it should not have any impact on your case.
freetomingle wrote:Hi,

Please advise asap.

can u confirm is ur application is a incountry application or out country application?
[/quote]
Thinking low is crime....

freetomingle

Post by freetomingle » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks. I did not change the course myself.

The college itself discontinued the course since the degree was not from a British University and therefore advised me to change to ACCA. I am submitting a letter from the college confirming this. Will this be sufficient. Also I woud have been more than 28 years if I did not apply before October 2007 and therefore there was no way I could have waited to complete the course. Do you think this will be an issue

Also do you think I will be called for an interview as I have a job offer, my sponsor is showing liquid cash balance of around £3000 + Fixed Deposits and other assets of around £20,000.

Thanks
T_mahmood wrote:I think EC Officer might ask you taht why you did not complete the degree...but what I feel that it does not matter regarding the change of course. The students are allowed to change the course, so even if you tell the EC officer, it should not have any impact on your case.
freetomingle wrote:Hi,

Please advise asap.

[/quote]