ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Re: June 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by Moha99 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:23 pm

averagejoe wrote:
Moha99 wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Good Luck with it Moha. Also get a copy of ur exit stamp for 2010 to correct them. send language pass
the exam centre gives you along with covering letter and pray.

Let us know when u send everything off and inbox me if you need a hand putting together a letter

Thank you Averagejoe, they have sent me a return envelope so i will include the exam results and also the correspondence from my solicitor and send. If my solicitor cannot find my file then i will need to put a letter together and will then inbox you. Thanks alot for your help.

When you receive anything from solicitor, make a copy or 2 of everything you get. I'd still put in a covering letter aswell to show them that the time they say u had no status, you had an application pending so they can't class it as overstay
Averagejoe, Thank Allah for accepting my prayers, all along i was praying my solicitor finds my file, he just called me took my details check on the system, found it and got it from the store..........

My appeal exhausted in march 2008 and he have my Contact order which was issued may 2008 and he applied for my application october 2008, also had the acknowledgement letter from the home office and also a withdrawal confirmation from the HO in jan 2010 after my voluntary request. so he will leave copies at reception to pick up on thursday after language test. Seriously dealing with the HO is draining.... but faith and believe in the Almighty.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:40 pm

ok. that's great news. Give HO copies and you keep originals.

BTW, what's a Contact Order?

Moha99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Moha99 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:47 pm

averagejoe wrote:ok. that's great news. Give HO copies and you keep originals.

BTW, what's a Contact Order?
Thanks a bunch for your help btw. A child contact order is like a residence or or child arrangement order this is one of the requirements under the application i applied under at the time. Mine was a contact order because their was no dispute and i only needed to prove this to the HO that there is a reasonable contact between me and my son. This document are issue by the family court district judge. Hopefully thursday after my test will be sending next day delivery.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Good Luck Moha!

kamran7

Post by kamran7 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi can you please advice me, I have changed my mobile number do I need to inform home office if so then how can I do it; via calling or email ? Applied 22 June

tomsawyer
Newly Registered

Post by tomsawyer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:57 pm

kamran7 wrote:Hi can you please advice me, I have changed my mobile number do I need to inform home office if so then how can I do it; via calling or email ? Applied 22 June
I've sent them an e-mail last week and still haven't got any answer. Try calling them, maybe you're lucky, although I don't see why would you let them know about your mobile number change? Do you really think that they care about that detail? They don't even send you an e-mail...a call would be an extremely optimistic thought :)

They've got the power, we are just in the position of "can't do anything about it". They didn't send us any feedback nor any status progress, etc. It's like a dead end. We've applied, paid them that humongous fee and then...just wait!

kamran7

Post by kamran7 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:33 pm

tomsawyer wrote:
kamran7 wrote:Hi can you please advice me, I have changed my mobile number do I need to inform home office if so then how can I do it; via calling or email ? Applied 22 June
I've sent them an e-mail last week and still haven't got any answer. Try calling them, maybe you're lucky, although I don't see why would you let them know about your mobile number change? Do you really think that they care about that detail? They don't even send you an e-mail...a call would be an extremely optimistic thought :)

They've got the power, we are just in the position of "can't do anything about it". They didn't send us any feedback nor any status progress, etc. It's like a dead end. We've applied, paid them that humongous fee and then...just wait!
Thanks. Can you please send me the email address on which you sent the email?

tomsawyer
Newly Registered

Post by tomsawyer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:59 am

Hi, I've sent them an e-mail using the address provided on this page: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/british ... ationality

khani

Post by khani » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:42 am

HI

I received letter from Council that my application for nationality has been approved, and they booked me for ceremony but I have not received any letter from HO yet ? should I contact HO or wait ? I applied on June 18th, 10 years + PR.

Thanks

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:53 am

khani wrote:HI

I received letter from Council that my application for nationality has been approved, and they booked me for ceremony but I have not received any letter from HO yet ? should I contact HO or wait ? I applied on June 18th, 10 years + PR.

Thanks
Hi Khani - First of all, congratulations!! Secondly, I don't think you should be worried about HO letter! If I were you, I would just be concerned about attending citizenship ceremony and obtaining the naturalisation certificate. All these letters are formalities.

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:39 pm

JohnnyZee wrote:

Thanks
Hi Khani - First of all, congratulations!! Secondly, I don't think you should be worried about HO letter! If I were you, I would just be concerned about attending citizenship ceremony and obtaining the naturalisation certificate. All these letters are formalities.
Yeh you are so right but the problem is that he will not be entertained for the ceremony if he does not produce the approval letter and certificate will not be delivered. It is the only document you have to take it along or atleast I was told to bring along.But hope fully he will get it before that in the snail mail.
Best of luck
Choudhry

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:39 pm

ChOudhry1 wrote:
JohnnyZee wrote:

Thanks
Yeh you are so right but the problem is that he will not be entertained for the ceremony if he does not produce the approval letter and certificate will not be delivered. It is the only document you have to take it along or atleast I was told to bring along.But hope fully he will get it before that in the snail mail.
Another mail on this subject for your guidance.

Postby totallylegit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm

This exact thing happened to me!

I applied on Jan 25. In early March I was getting anxious as I didnt hear anything and I called Hackney to see if they had any news. They told me they had my certificate and were waiting for me to confirm my ceremony booked for 5th April. They were able to confirm it over the phone and I thought that was that.

The week of my ceremony rolls around and STILL nothing from the Home Office. So I called Hackney again to make sure I was OK and what did i need to bring. They told me I still good and just needed to show up with my passport and letter from the Home Office confirming my citizenship (the one that never arrived). I told them I didnt get it, and they said that I absolutely needed it or they could not let me participate in the ceremony.

So I began the frantic effort to get in touch with UKBA and the HO. I could not get in touch with anyone! All phone calls lead to 'please send an email'. All emails were met with no response. Fax- nothing! Talking to other departments gave me no luck either.

I spent time with Hackney Council on the phone (all very polite and as helpful as they could be) but they couldnt really do anything as the letter had to come from the UKBA and they had no way of speaking to them either. I finally went down to Hackney Council and spoke with a very helpful girl, she said I wouldnt be able to come to my scheduled ceremony, but they would see if they could get anywhere.

I got a phone call at 5.30pm the night before my ceremony from the same girl at Hackney- she was able to call the Home Office and speak to someone in the wrong department- but convince them to walk across the office to speak to someone in the right department. That person was able to confirm all my details and was able to fax a copy of the letter to Hackney and send another letter directly to Hackney to satisfy them.

So, I was able to go to my ceremony as planned. A truly frustrating experience and I dont wish it on anyone. I am really pleased with the girl that helped me out, she went well above and beyond her job and could have easily just said 'you need to speak to UKBA.'.
Best of luck
Choudhry

khani

Post by khani » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks mates

I think I should wait for few days, it may turn up in post.

silverlining
Newly Registered

Post by silverlining » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:34 pm

UPDATE

Alhamdulillah, Finally the brown envelope arrived today.

Application Date: 12/06/15
NCS Sheffield
Acknowledgement email: 23/06/15
Biometrics Invitation letter: 12/08/15
Biometrics Done: 14/08/15 (I think)
Approval Date: 03/11/15
Letter received: 11/11/15
Ceremony: 18/11/15 (booked Private)

Important Points:
1. I had 4 traffic offences - 2 x FPNs and 2 x PCNs (parking) - I declared all of them and it didn't affect my application.
2. I involved MP 4 weeks ago who wrote to the home office and got a generic reply back from home office in 3 weeks. I don't think this really helped but there is no harm in trying.
3. I moved address during the application period and changed my address online on 01/11/15. However, the letter was posted to the previous address but I had set up a redirection service. Hence it was redirected to my current address.

Finally, I would like to reassure everyone who is waiting that you will all hear the good news very soon. So, please don't give up. Try not to think about it too much and it will arrive one day.
I'm more than happy to give advice to anyone re their application. You can inbox me and I'll try to reply asap.
Best of luck everyone :)

Latoya
Newly Registered

Post by Latoya » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:40 am

Congrats Silverlining!
Can you let me know how you got the MP involved?
Do you think it really helped your application?
My application is under the 6 months SLA but it is so straightforward that i wonder why it is taking so long :shock:
(Tier 2 general for 5year+ 1 year ILR, applied 28th July, blank criminal record, employed)

Baliwa

Post by Baliwa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 am

I applied on 3rd of June-2015, still waiting. Should I worry about application as its been more than 5 months now. : (

banilkum
Newly Registered

Post by banilkum » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:32 am

Hello all,

I have a question.

I have received the confirmation but not the invitation for the Oath ceremony.

I just want to know, can I book the ceremony with out the invitation letter?

MBU001
Newly Registered

Post by MBU001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Dear all,
By the grace of Allah I have received my documents and approval from HO. I will book ceremony and apply for my passport shortly.
My long journey finally ends here. Gone through massive hardships which is eventually paid off. Wish u all best of Luck.

Eligibility criteria: 10 Years UK Residency + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Degree + B1 and Life in the UK
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 26/06/2015
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/06/2015
Date of acknowledgement : by email
Date money gone off account: 02/07/2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 6/07/2015
Biometrics done:6/07/2015
Date of approval: 11/11/2015 letter dated 9/11/2015

Date of ceremony:

silverlining
Newly Registered

Post by silverlining » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:50 pm

banilkum wrote:Hello all,

I have a question.

I have received the confirmation but not the invitation for the Oath ceremony.

I just want to know, can I book the ceremony with out the invitation letter?
You can book the ceremony and take the confirmation letter with you. I received only one letter which asked me to ring the council to book my ceremony.

silverlining
Newly Registered

Post by silverlining » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Baliwa wrote:I applied on 3rd of June-2015, still waiting. Should I worry about application as its been more than 5 months now. : (
Easy said than done but I would advise not to worry about it. There are many applicants before you who are still waiting. You'll hear the good news very soon :)

silverlining
Newly Registered

Post by silverlining » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Latoya wrote:Congrats Silverlining!
Can you let me know how you got the MP involved?
Do you think it really helped your application?
My application is under the 6 months SLA but it is so straightforward that i wonder why it is taking so long :shock:
(Tier 2 general for 5year+ 1 year ILR, applied 28th July, blank criminal record, employed)

You can find your mp details here:
http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
you'll have to put your postcode and it will give you contact details of your mp. You can speak to MPs office and request an update on your application but only if there is some urgent matter. For example, urgent travel needs.
You applied on 28th July. sit tight!!! there are many applicants before you who are still waiting. The home office is really busy!!!
Best of luck :)

Baliwa

Post by Baliwa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi All,

I have applied on 3rd of June -2015 and I received my refusal letter today. The refusal was based on wrong decision. I came in UK for the first time in May-2009 on TIER 1 General Visa. In decision, The said I arrived illegally in 2007 and I was removed on 30th April 2009, which is completely wrong. My first visa was granted from my back home and the date of the first visa granted was 31.03.2009. I think they made mistake and I am ending up with refusal.

Any thoughts should I go for reconsideration via solicitor or should I do my self?

Regards

banilkum
Newly Registered

Post by banilkum » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Baliwa wrote:Hi All,

I have applied on 3rd of June -2015 and I received my refusal letter today. The refusal was based on wrong decision. I came in UK for the first time in May-2009 on TIER 1 General Visa. In decision, The said I arrived illegally in 2007 and I was removed on 30th April 2009, which is completely wrong. My first visa was granted from my back home and the date of the first visa granted was 31.03.2009. I think they made mistake and I am ending up with refusal.

Any thoughts should I go for reconsideration via solicitor or should I do my self?

Regards
I think you can appeal if the decision is based on wrong information, may be they looked at other applicant's details for your application.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:04 am

Approval update. I went down to check my post this morning and picked up the most awaited brown letter. It took exactly 5 months and 3 days from the date of application for approval to arrive. Good luck for rest of the Juners :D :D .
Nitro wrote:
Nitro wrote:Eligibility criteria: WP+ Tier 1(G)+1 yr ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK Degree
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc): NCS
Date of application: 10/06/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/06/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:19/06/2015
Date of acknowledgment:22/06/2015 (Email Acknowledgement) & Postal Ack on 24/06/2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info:24/06/2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 25/06/2015
Date approval received:14/11/2015 dated 03/11/2015
Date of ceremony: To be booked

ethanol
Newly Registered

Post by ethanol » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:26 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs Tier 1 (G) + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK PhD degree
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc):NCS Newcastle
Council name if NCS used: Newcastle upon Tyne
Date of application: 22/06/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/06/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:25/06/2015
Date of acknowledgment: e-mail on 29/06/2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 23/07/2015 (delay as postman delivered to wrong address!!)
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 24/07/2015
Date approval received: 14/11/2015 (dated 3/11/2015)
Date of ceremony: [Will contact my local council on Monday]

:D :) :D :) :D