ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

criptic challenge for you

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Atmiya
Newly Registered

criptic challenge for you

Post by Atmiya » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:45 am

Hello,

I am UK citizen residing in India with Indian husband. He lived and worked in Aus. between 2001-2003 on a work visa (subclass 457). His visa was breached in 2003 due largely to the negligence of a new employer who paid him directly before completing his visa transfer when he started a new job. They applied for a new visa for the same job and it was rejected on the ground that he had previously switched employers without receiving permission from DIMIA to do so. He thought all that wasin the process and his employers had promised they were doing the paperwork. An administrative error at their end saw his first salary go into his bank account before the new visa was in palce. We are suing them, and the final hearing for the case comes up early next year. We need to go to australia to attend and would also like to consider returning to Aus to live and work. (he has a brother married to aus citizen and settled there). Also, I am not a graduate and therefore cannot immigrate on my own skills to Aus. I am very sick and depressed in India and need to leave. UK is not an option we want to consider.

1: In order to get a tourist visa to attend the hearing he needs birth certificate. These are more or less non existent in India, they are not issued in the first instance and cannot be obtained. What do we do?

2: DIMIA Though I understand no one but DIMIA will be able to tell me frankly whether he is likely to be approved for another subclass 457 visa now that a previous rejection is on record.... if anyone has any advice to offer on the likelyhood of him being successful if he applies again, I would be very grateful.

Atmiya