ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa not traveling with the partner.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajib4u

Schengen visa not traveling with the partner.

Post by rajib4u » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi.. I was wondering does any one has any experience traveling without partner on schengen visa? I got a schengen visa for sweden. But my wife is not in sweden but she will join me in sweden after I arrive there. Will have any problem or get questioned at the airport? however I have noticed on my visa does not says anything about traveling with partner or anything. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Schengen visa not traveling with the partner.

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:17 pm

No issue if you have a Schengen visa. Your spouse is not required to travel with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:07 pm

thanks one another question will they ask to show any return ticket or medical insurance at the airport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:40 pm

rajib4u wrote:thanks one another question will they ask to show any return ticket or medical insurance at the airport?
At the airport???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

syomfa
Newly Registered

Post by syomfa » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:00 pm

That depends.

What is your intention to travel? Just a visit in Europe and then go back? Or after entering, you intend to register for a residence with your wife?

Will you be arriving to Sweden from the UK? or from another country?

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:17 pm

my question is will they ask me the purpose of visit? what should i say? As i will be not traveling with my wife? can i say i came to visit my family and friends? is it required to show medical insurance at the airport. i am really confused.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:28 pm

You have a visa that allows you to travel on your own. You should not have an issue and no, you do not need to show medical insurance at the airport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:34 pm

rajib4u wrote:my question is will they ask me the purpose of visit? what should i say? As i will be not traveling with my wife? can i say i came to visit my family and friends? is it required to show medical insurance at the airport. i am really confused.
They may well ask you the purpose of your visit and to see a return ticket. I've been asked this information when traveling to the schengen area on a schengen visa before. This is irrespective of whether you are traveling with your partner or not. Just tell them the reason for your visit and you'll be fine - e.g holiday, visiting friends or whatever it may be. I've not been asked to show evidence of medical insurance, but they would be within their right to request anything that you were required to submit when applying for your visa. E.g. Where you'd be staying. But I wouldn't worry, or overthink this.

syomfa
Newly Registered

Post by syomfa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:45 am

If you were issued a Schengen visa as an EU citizen family member, you are exempt of requirements like return ticket and medical insurance etc. only if your EU citizen is traveling with you, or if you can prove with some documentation that you will join them in the destination EU country. If this is not the case, then you are NOT exempt from these requirements, and might have to show a return ticket, purpose of journey etc.

I asked you earlier a few questions but you did not answer them yet. Only then I can tell further, but it will be in your favor to get clarity in your mind about what is really the purpose of visit, how long you intend to stay, if you intend to take up residence etc. and be prepared to explain it (with documentation).