ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resigning from work

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Resigning from work

Post by mojtaba » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Hello experts,
I was hoping someone can help me here.
I have a Tier 2 visa which expires on 07/07/2016. I found a new job and the company is willing to sponsor me as they are Tier 2 General approved with Rating A.

However, the job was only advertised on monster.co.uk for 2 months and they hadn't advertise it anywhere else. When i got the job, I gave my notice to my current employer who will finished on 30/11/2015 with the plan to start on 01/12/2015 at my new job.

Now everything has changed as we've realised that Resident Labour market test is not pass.

They are going to put up the advert again on Job centre plus and monster for 28 days which will be 11/12/15.

That means I'll get my sponsor code on 12th December and will be able to apply for my new visa.

What I am worried about is,

1) Will I be in trouble with Home Office for being out of job for 2 weeks ( more or less)

2) If I send my documents on 12th December, can i start the job or do i have to wait until my new visa arrives?

Is there any other suggestions/advise you guys might have to help me in this stressful situation?

Thanks