ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

h.tolerance
Newly Registered

EEA4

Post by h.tolerance » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Hello

I am a non-EU national married with a EEA national for 4,5 years.

My Visa expires DEC 2016. My wife has got Permanent Resident Permit.

1. Can I apply EAA4 now while there is 1 year to expire my current visa expires because my wife gained PR?
2. if not, Can I apply in March 2016, because we got married back in March 2011.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Regards

noajthan

Re: EEA4

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:36 pm

h.tolerance wrote:Hello

I am a non-EU national married with a EEA national for 4,5 years.

My Visa expires DEC 2016. My wife has got Permanent Resident Permit.

1. Can I apply EAA4 now while there is 1 year to expire my current visa expires because my wife gained PR?
2. if not, Can I apply in March 2016, because we got married back in March 2011.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Regards
Five years of residency in UK as the dependent family member of an EEA national (eg spouse) exercising treaty rights (or else holding PR) is required in order for you to acquire PR.

You mention you have been married approx 4.5 years so on that basis at least another 6 months time served is required.

In addition, when did you first enter UK?
&
Have you had any prolonged absences from UK?
eg for 6months or more in any 12-month period during your time resident in UK?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rag2richies
Newly Registered

Post by rag2richies » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Advice please....
Send our Joint EEAPR application which included my eea wife who's the main applicant and myself non eea as the FM on the 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10.....
Received email from HO on the 21.10.15.
Received the Bio-metric letter via Post on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent bio-metric back same day 23.10.
My current 5yrs RC will runs out in 2months and with HO already

I haven't receive any COA till now. Do anyone know what is going on please????

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:48 pm

rag2richies wrote:Advice please....
Send our Joint EEAPR application which included my eea wife who's the main applicant and myself non eea as the FM on the 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10.....
Received email from HO on the 21.10.15.
Received the Bio-metric letter via Post on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent bio-metric back same day 23.10.
My current 5yrs RC will runs out in 2months and with HO already

I haven't receive any COA till now. Do anyone know what is going on please????
rag2richies you've high jacked another member's thread. Please start your own thread to avoid confusion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

h.tolerance
Newly Registered

Post by h.tolerance » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Dear noajthan

Thank you for your reply.

I came to Uk in September 2005, I am eligible for ILR. Instead, I would prefer to go for PR card route which is more cost effective. Would you recommend so?

As I understood, I can apply EEA4 in March, which is 5th year of our anniversary. I have no prolonged absences.

Since my wife has got a PR card (exercising treaty rights for 5 years), can i not apply EEA4 right now?

Kindest Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:00 pm

h.tolerance wrote:Dear noajthan

Thank you for your reply.

I came to Uk in September 2005, I am eligible for ILR. Instead, I would prefer to go for PR card route which is more cost effective. Would you recommend so?

As I understood, I can apply EEA4 in March, which is 5th year of our anniversary. I have no prolonged absences.

Since my wife has got a PR card (exercising treaty rights for 5 years), can i not apply EEA4 right now?

Kindest Regards
I do not think you can apply for confirmation of PR in UK just yet.

You still need to show you have been married for 5 years (whilst living in UK) in order to be treated as the dependent family member of an EEA national.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

h.tolerance
Newly Registered

Post by h.tolerance » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:16 pm

Thank you noajthan.