ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen days stay and entry

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zmac
Newly Registered

Schengen days stay and entry

Post by zmac » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi, I was wondering if someone can confirm my understanding on this matter for me:

I received my Schengen visa today from the Spanish embassy. It says I am valid to enter from 14th November until 10th December. The number of days given was 12 days. Then, on the entry section, it says "02". I'm used to getting MULT on this section so this is a bit new to me. I presume this means I am allowed 2 entries in the Schengen states. Now, my question is, after my intended holiday which consitutes 9 days (November 15 to 24), can I enter another Schengen state, say the Netherlands for 3 days on another date before the 12th of December? I will be coming from Ireland each time (non-Schengen). Hope somebody out here can help clarify. Thanks!!!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Schengen days stay and entry

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:25 pm

I doubt you'd be able do what you've proposed with the visa you hold.
1) if the visa is only valid until December 10th, then you would need to return on or before that date.
2) the number of days you've mentioned (10+3) suggests that you'd exceed the number allowed in your visa.

You would need to arrive and thereafter leave the schengen area witin the visa validity period. And not spend more than the permitted 12 days.