ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident Labour Market Test Method

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Resident Labour Market Test Method

Post by mojtaba » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:40 am

Hi Guys,

Quick question on Resident Labour Market Test.

Does advertising on monster.co.uk and linkedin.com for over a month pass the Resident Labour test?

Please advise as I think I just put myself into a big trouble :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Resident Labour Market Test Method

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:44 am

mojtaba wrote:Hi Guys,

Quick question on Resident Labour Market Test.

Does advertising on monster.co.uk and linkedin.com for over a month pass the Resident Labour test?

Please advise as I think I just put myself into a big trouble :(
Is the salary below £71,000? If so it should be advertised through Job Centre Plus
http://www.workpermit.com/uk/tier-2-vis ... t-test.htm
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:59 am

@casa, OP has already resigned from his job per his previous post, link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1268747
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:01 am

CR001 wrote:@casa, OP has already resigned from his job per his previous post, link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1268747
I assume he's concerned whether his new job has been advertised correctly...or am I missing something here? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:08 am

@casa, I think that is the concern yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:12 am

The new company is telling me that they've done 2 methods of advertising (monster and LinkdIn) so they think they've passed the RLMT and I trusted them before giving my notice (big big mistake)

I gave my notice to my current company and now am stuck with no where to go.
I am going to talk to the new company today and see if they will put up the advert back again.

If they accept that, will they need to actually show that they've interviewed people during this period? They dont have much knowledge on this and are asking me to provide them with required info.

could you please tell me exactly what the company needs to do so that we can demonstrate to the HO that the RLMT has been passed?

Thank you

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:14 am

hmm.. so Ideally, if someone is looking to change jobs, they better search jobs through Jobcentre Plus online which is now replaced by 'Universal Jobmatch' , correct ?

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:52 pm

i just talked to the new company and they are going to put up the post today on both Job Centre and monster for 28 days.

1)Do they have to show to Home Office that they've interviewed anyone during this period?

2)When should they say that I've done the interview with them? Does my interview has to be within 28 days or after that?

Appreciate any help/advise you guys can give me during this difficult period.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:58 pm

So what you are effectively saying is the RMLT is just for show here because you've already been guaranteed the job?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:03 pm

effectively yes, they still want me and had no idea that they had to advertise on Job centre as well. so are doing this to complete the process.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:08 pm

You say they are an A rated sponsor and had no idea what their obligations are in terms of RMLT? :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:11 pm

you are right and that's why I trusted and believed them when i accepted the job offer :(

Now they are telling me that the HR person dealing with this no longer works so the new person is still learning ( in an expense of ruining my life)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:19 pm

mojtaba wrote:you are right and that's why I trusted and believed them when i accepted the job offer :(

Now they are telling me that the HR person dealing with this no longer works so the new person is still learning ( in an expense of ruining my life)
I think you can kiss this one goodbye, it's flawed in everywhere and I'd be surprised if the employer doesn't have their sponsors licence revoked...

Read this:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 97345.html

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:20 pm

They would be expected to interview other applicants and to keep on record an account of those interviews, showing why the applicants weren't selected.
The Home Office are unlikely to accept that there was no response to the advertised vacancy and that you were the only one selected for interview.
They risk having their sponsor's licence revoked.
Edit: +1 Wanderer beat me to it...and also found the link I was searching for. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:44 pm

the skills sets of this job is specific ad not easily found. that's why it took them more than a month with no luck of fining any suitable candidates. I got the job fair and square, no previous connections or links to the company at all. they had interviewed 5 people before me, and then job expired and no one else was found.

they know that they've made a mistake, and they are willing to do everything they can to fix it and pass the RLMT. Given the nature of the job; monster and LinkedIn are places where suitable people look not a job centre plus but that's the process and must be followed, I understand that.

I've already given my notice to my current place, so I have to find a way. :( :(

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:58 pm

@ mojtaba , There's nothing stopping you from asking your current employer to 'unaccept' your resignation letter and explain . http://www.totaljobs.com/careers-advice ... esignation

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:19 pm

mojtaba wrote:the skills sets of this job is specific ad not easily found. that's why it took them more than a month with no luck of fining any suitable candidates. (
If that's the case why isn't the role on the shortage list?

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:23 pm

i honestly don't know, and I'm not in a position to question that. i wish it was ......

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:02 pm

I just handed in my un-resignation letter, manager said he needs to check with senior management and HR.

they haven't informed the home office yet, but does it mean i have to go through the RLMT for my current position?

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 pm

they haven't informed the home office yet, but does it mean i have to go through the RLMT for my current position?
No , you don't need to. If they'are happy to keep you and they haven't informed home office, there shouldn't be any problem. You can continue as normal.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:46 pm

justdopposite wrote:
No , you don't need to. If they'are happy to keep you and they haven't informed home office, there shouldn't be any problem. You can continue as normal.
Good news hopefully!

Just goes to show, trust no-one, really, it's why I work for myself now, the number of times employers have let me down with laboured thinking....

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 pm

just to let you know, I got my job back with a letter of un-resignation. It was a bit a embarrassing and lost a much much better package through no fault of my own but that's the process.

a massive thank you for all of you for your advise.